Lollipop for unlocked HTC One (M7) ?

Dec077

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I've read the stories that the release of Lollipop has been delayed for some mobile operators, but what about for unlocked versions?

I have an unlocked version (ie, not a mobile operator branded version and not GPE), but I haven't received an update in the UK. Has anyone else?

Also, it has been suggested that this will be the last update for the M7, less than two years since the phone was released. How do people feel that a flagship phone will effectively be unsupported after only two years (even less if you were a late adopter)? Despite not being a fan of Apple's products, I seem to recall that the iPhone 4 can be updated to the latest version of iOS despite being 3 1/2 years old.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've read the stories that the release of Lollipop has been delayed for some mobile operators, but what about for unlocked versions?

I have an unlocked version (ie, not a mobile operator branded version and not GPE), but I haven't received an update in the UK. Has anyone else?

Also, it has been suggested that this will be the last update for the M7, less than two years since the phone was released. How do people feel that a flagship phone will effectively be unsupported after only two years (even less if you were a late adopter)? Despite not being a fan of Apple's products, I seem to recall that the iPhone 4 can be updated to the latest version of iOS despite being 3 1/2 years old.

Updates for a flagship device no older than 2 years old is the norm. If HTC has an Android OS Update and your carrier decides to release it than you're good to go. Carriers have the final word on whether or not to release an update. Nexus and Google Play Edition devices are exempt from this because Google updates them directly.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Two years is what they have promised. So it's a bit late to be disappointed by that. I wish it would be a bit more, but we got a lot of important updates. Moreover I don't believe that there will be a major Android update for some time, so the phone won't miss anything important for some time more.
iPhone 4s can be updated to the latest iOS but it is slower than a turtle. Most of my friends with older iPhones try to avoid updating their phones because they get a lot of problems.

As for your question, I also have an Unlocked M7 and haven't gotten the update yet. I think it's all for the best as Lollipop has various problems and the later we get it (maybe 5.0.2) the better for us users.