HTC ONE m7 won't turn on, no red light from plug, red light flashes twice, battery icon flash FIX

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Ok hello,
today, I have happened to encounter this problem yet again. I know now and I think that what causes it is my dual usb charger (maybe too much ac?), however. If i plug out my htc one m7 too quickly or in bad manner. The phone turns itself off. It is fully charged. Doesn't want to to turn on by any means and any power button volume button combo. Plugging it in doesnt give red light. Nor having the phone charge (without light) and hoping.

The only thing it does is when I plug it into pc or portable battery (powerbank) (They have slightly less power input, i think this may be the key). The phone turns on for about 2-3 seconds. First red light flashes once, then empty battery (even tho its full) shows up for a second followed by another red light flash and then it turns of (red light and screen) and repeats, and repeats, and repeats, and repeats. Anyway, trying to the the button combos works buuuut to a point. If you do reboot or soft hard reboot, it shows htc logo for 4 sec then dies. If you do boot menu it lets you go in there but boot menu is frozen and dies after 4 sec.

SO. HOW DID I MANAGE TO FIX IT FOR THE SECOND TIME NOW?
I didnt know how I fixed the first time, thought I was lucky. So i tried to repeat all the steps I did. I plugged powerbank and saw if it starts flashing. I plugged it to the pc which recognised something is plugged and beeped, and then continiued beeping because of the motion. Then i plugged it into the powerbank again and gave it a few taps (dont do this, thats just what i did first time when it miraculously worked and didnt this time). So what I did. I left it in the powerbank, plugged the powerbank in to the wall at the same time so it doesnt lose juice and left it for about 90 minutes or so. It did its flashing repeats the entire time ( I believe you can do it with the pc too because it does the same thing with pc) leave it like this then try the powerbutton and volume down and boot menu should work. If not. leave it chilling in the flashy repeats and try again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's either an issue with the hardware of the charging port on the device or a bad battery that needs to be replaced. Have you thought about sending it in for repair or a diy battery replacement?

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I do believe, something is up with my charging port too. The original htc cable got a little chippy over time and phone didnt even want to charge ever. fixed that with a little rustling and straightening of pins in the port hole. My phone is still in warranty bout 1,5 years, so I am going to solve it only if it gets critical. Dont think its a battery issue since it has good life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692