Why does my HTC One M7 volume rocker gets stuck controlling media volume?

A

AC Question

HTC One M7 volume rocker gets stuck controlling media volume

I recently updated my HTC One M7 to Android 5.0.2. Now, when I use the rocker volume button, most of the time it gets stuck controlling only the media volume and won't go back to controlling ringtone volume. Sometimes it will go back to controlling ringtone volume, sometimes not. Any ideas?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M7 volume rocker gets stuck controlling media volume

Welcome to Android Central! When you're just on the homescreen, does it still only control Media volume? On the homescreen, it should be controlling ringtone volume.

clumpybug

May 19, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! When you're just on the homescreen, does it still only control Media volume? On the homescreen, it should be controlling ringtone volume.

Hi, I'm the one that posted this question. . .That's how it used to work. . . when on the homescreen, it would control ringtone volume. Now sometimes it does, and sometimes it gets stuck controlling media volume. This seems to have started right after I updated to Android 5.0.2. At times, I've had to reboot my phone just to get it back to controlling ringtone volume. Very annoying!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if there's an app running in the background that is hijacking that control. Check your Settings>App Manager>Running​ list.

clumpybug

May 19, 2013
Visit site

I've thought about that actually. . . of course once I thought of it, the phone stopped acting up. But once it starts again, I'll try it. It happens when I use the Audible app. Possible that it's got a bug where it doesn't know the phone is back on the home screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer