I have recent apps not working after the Lollipop upgrade, how can I fix this?

Tomas G

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Recent apps not working after Lollipop upgrade

I have an unlocked M7, just recently updated from 4.4.2 to 5.0.2. No it's not rooted or anything like that.

Now for some unknown reason the Home button has only one function: return to home screen. If I double-click it, nothing happens. No "recent apps" screen. If I hold it, nothing happens either. No app menu opens. The key doesn't even vibrate anymore, I think it used to?

The reason I know the key works at all is that it does actually get me to the home screen if I just "click" it :)

I have tried clearing the cache (in the recovery menu), no difference. I have turned on/off all possible settings, no difference. I even booted into safe mode, no difference.

This is the info in the info screen:
  • Android: 5.0.2
  • HTC Sense: 6.0
  • Software: 7.19.401.2
  • HTC SDK: 6.55
  • Kernel: 3.4.10-g4dad4ce
  • Version number: 7.19.401.2 CL482424 release-keys
  • CW: M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR HTC_Nordic_News/95333

This is frustrating me to no end. :mad:

Please help! :'(

timmyfatlips

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recent apps not working after Lollipop upgrade

I'm afraid I can't help, but I do have exactly the same problem.
I think it's all the additonal functionality of the Home Key that's gone - long press and swipe up also don't work to access Google Now (not that that's such a loss). As you say, a single press still works fine to go to the home screen though...

I spoke to HTC support and they said it was odd and suggested doing a factory reset. I really don't want to do that - is such a faff to sort everything out again - so if anyone has any tips or thoughts they would be really appreciated.
Many thanks.

Tomas G

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Yes same here, I just tried the Google Now thing (never use it) and nothing happens.

Do you have the same versions etc?

timmyfatlips

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I think so - I've not checked everything, but looks similar.
I did actually bite the bullet and did a factory reset earlier today - which has sorted it out. Is just the hassle of getting everything set up again now.
I think it's just one of those things that get a bit knotted along the way...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2