I got Sense 7 on my M7

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No, you didn't read that wrong. I actually got HTC's new Sense 7 UI working on my HTC One M7.

Before you go check for updates, this isn't an OTA update. The Android 5.0.2 Sense 6.0 update might just be the FINAL update the M7 will ever receive. No more updates for the M7 after that minus Android 5.1 for the GPE version. This is subject to change, though, and the M7 might receive a couple of future updates. Fingers crossed on that.

If you wanna know how, it's because of a custom ROM called InsertCoin. It is based on Sense and is available for several HTC-only devices.

These are some screens from the ROM.

HTCM7Sense7.jpg

(This should be in the Root and ROM sub-thread. If this can be moved, please do so)

Last edited:

Tomas G

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
HTC has not said there will be no further updates, only that the M7 will not get 5.1. This makes perfect sense since the changes in 5.1 are irrelevant for the M7, unless it's the GPE.

For example, HTC already backported the 5.1 bugfixes to their M7 5.0.2, something they obviously can't do on the GPE.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
HTC has not said there will be no further updates, only that the M7 will not get 5.1. This makes perfect sense since the changes in 5.1 are irrelevant for the M7, unless it's the GPE.

For example, HTC already backported the 5.1 bugfixes to their M7 5.0.2, something they obviously can't do on the GPE.

That explains why my build runs pretty flawlessly.

Guess nobody knew and thought their M7 had a buggy OS.

I'll be surprised if HTC still continues to update the M7, however.

Giorgi Ghvinadze

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
HI guys !

I installed insertcoin rom 4-5 months ago and updated since 7.0.8 ver. Now it's 7.1.2. But this doesn't matter because my problem is that some of these insertcoin Kontrol options doesn't work at all. For example : Hide persistent NFC icon - enabled. When I disable it and restart phone it's still enabled, Enable infinite apps in folders - enabled. But it doesn't work and when I am putting an app in the folder it still says that there is no space. What shall I do? Is it Rom's fault?
A while ago I noticed that I infinite apps in folders option worked but 2 days ago I had to use recovery and I got disappointed again...

Posted via the Android Central App

Kraljica_predrasuda

May 26, 2016
Visit site
No, you didn't read that wrong. I actually got HTC's new Sense 7 UI working on my HTC One M7.

Before you go check for updates, this isn't an OTA update. The Android 5.0.2 Sense 6.0 update might just be the FINAL update the M7 will ever receive. No more updates for the M7 after that minus Android 5.1 for the GPE version. This is subject to change, though, and the M7 might receive a couple of future updates. Fingers crossed on that.

If you wanna know how, it's because of a custom ROM called InsertCoin. It is based on Sense and is available for several HTC-only devices.

These are some screens from the ROM.

View attachment 168551

(This should be in the Root and ROM sub-thread. If this can be moved, please do so)

Ok

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci