Lollipop Update

massiveflux

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have an HTC One which I got while on a contract with ATT. I recently unlocked the phone and switched to T-Mobile. Will I have to wait for ATT to release the Lollipop update or is there another way of doing it without losing my data?
Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Since you unlocked your phone you won't be getting an update from anybody. Besides, T-Horrible's mostly EDGE network is too slow to download an update as big as Lollipop. But, you're not totally out of luck. You can do a manual update by connecting your phone to a computer and go here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d%3D628%26p_name%3Dhtc-one-att&token=OU-fZQ9a

Scroll down to the part that talks about connecting to a computer and follow the instructions after downloading the necessary files that are linked there. One bit of advice. Do a system cache clean before updating. If you don't know what I'm talking about Google it. Also, doing the update manually will cause a factory reset and you'll lose all your settings and everything else, so back up before updating. A factory reset is recommended before updating over the air as it cleans out the garbage that has accumulated and will make the phone run better and provide better battery life. Good luck updating!

Last edited: