I have a Note 4 and want to sync my calendar with my husband HTC M7, how do I do this?

A

AC Question

i have a note 4 and want to sync my calendar with my husbands htc m7

I just want to sync calendars

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have a note 4 and want to sync my calendar with my husbands htc m7

Welcome to the forums. You can share Gmail syncing. Your husband would have to add your account. I am not sure if this can be done on mobile, but on the desktop version, under settings, then Accounts and Import, he can add your Gmail address.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

I gotta disagree with Golfdriver97 this time. You can share calendars without others needing to add your account to their device.

Login to your Calendar with a browser. If you do it on your phone, switch to the desktop version, the mobile site won't work. Go to Settings, click on the Calendars tab and on the right side under Sharing click on Share this calendar.

On the page that opens under Share with specific people enter the email address of the person you want to share with. Then to the right select the permissions you wish to grant them.

Click Save and you're done. The calendar will now sync to them with the selected permissions.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I gotta disagree with Golfdriver97 this time. You can share calendars without others needing to add your account to their device.

Login to your Calendar with a browser. If you do it on your phone, switch to the desktop version, the mobile site won't work. Go to Settings, click on the Calendars tab and on the right side under Sharing click on Share this calendar.

On the page that opens under Share with specific people enter the email address of the person you want to share with. Then to the right select the permissions you wish to grant them.

Click Save and you're done. The calendar will now sync to them with the selected permissions.

Honestly...I took a stab in the dark on this. Never needed to share a calendar with anyone before. Thanks for the input.

From an AOSP M8

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Actually, it was a good guess. Adding an account works, it's just not necessary.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Sharing is the better way to go and you can even fine tune the way the works. You can set up sub calendar accounts that are color coded. For example, the OP could set up a sub calendar that was color coded blue and on this calendar put her work related items. On another sub calendar she could put personal events and color code the evens green. When they appear on her phone or tablet's calendar she will immediately be able to tell which events are personal and work related. Far better, she can then choose to just share personal events only with her husband's phone or she could choose to share both personal and work events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463