Keep getting "Internet Connection is Established" Message?

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure when this started happening, but I'd guess the past few months or so I've noticed it. I constantly get a "internet connection is established" message popping up on my phone when using it, especially when I first wake it up from having it in my pocket.

This happens on both wifi and my cell network. Are the wifi and cell radios just dying on my phone, or was this message added in an HTC update and just fires off everytime there's a slight connection problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It will show every time the wifi radio connects to a router. First, turn on "Keep wifi on during sleep". Some phones will get locked up and you'll have to do a battery pull (a long power button press won't do it) to unlock the radio. Second, that's probably why you're getting the message every time you wake the phone up.

And check your battery stats. Tap the graph and look at the next page, down at the bottom. If the Wifi bar isn't solid all the time you had wifi on, you have a weak signal, so the phone keeps disconnecting, then reconnecting, and every time it reconnects you get the message.

It could be something to do with the update (maybe the modem firmware isn't as good, so the signal is weaker) or the hardware (bad antenna connection, bad wifi radio, etc.)

Gangrel

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the message even on LTE or 4G on my cell network though, when I'm not even near my home wifi.

I leave WIFI on all day, even when I'm at work, and have it set to "stay on during sleep". Maybe as a test I will turn off my wifi while here at work, and see if the message still occurs.

It's just curious to me because I don't remember ever seeing the message before a month or two ago.

Garrett Saundry

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem on both an LG G2 running stock Kit Kat, as well as a new LG G4 running Lollipop. The problem started suddenly on the G2 in mid June. I had planned to get the G4 shortly thereafter, so didn't troubleshoot the issue on the G2 at all. Was saddened to see this issue appear on the G4 immediately after syncing my apps on the new phone. However, based in that observation, I'm thinking this may be an app issue.

My wife has a G3, and she does not have this issue. A co-worker just recently picked up a G4, and anecdotally he is not experiencing the problem at all either.

Does anyone want to exchange a list of installed apps to look for commonalities?

Does anyone have any other thoughts about this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Mikael Nyman

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem on both an LG G2 running stock Kit Kat, as well as a new LG G4 running Lollipop. The problem started suddenly on the G2 in mid June. I had planned to get the G4 shortly thereafter, so didn't troubleshoot the issue on the G2 at all. Was saddened to see this issue appear on the G4 immediately after syncing my apps on the new phone. However, based in that observation, I'm thinking this may be an app issue.

My wife has a G3, and she does not have this issue. A co-worker just recently picked up a G4, and anecdotally he is not experiencing the problem at all either.

Does anyone want to exchange a list of installed apps to look for commonalities?

Does anyone have any other thoughts about this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

I found out it was my QNAP video app I use for streaming videos from my NAS. Not sure if there is a setting to remove this annoying info box.

If you have anything that's qnap related in the phone try to uninstall.

Hope this helps, was getting so frustrated with this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781