When pressing "home" button, the "Complete Action Using..." screen comes up

doodles91

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Strangely this has only begun to happen in the last day or two after a few software updates (i've been putting them off for a while). I cannot remember what programs were updated.

Every single time i press the home button to get to "desktop" the 'complete action using window' pops up giving me an option to choose htc sense launcher or kids mode. Double tapping still brings up the task manager to quit programs it's just the single press to desktop that brings up the 'complete action using' window. it refuses to stay as default

I've deleted all data, reset defaults and cleared caches and disabled/reset sense and the phone. It has ended up wiping my home screen of any customization, consistently reverting it to the factory homescreen with lots of pointless widgets and it will not stay as my default launcher, despite me choosing it as the default launcher every, single, damn, time.

I had found a thread with the same problem and a fix involving Skype Qik for the HTC EVO, this is the closest thing i could find but doesnt help since i dont have Skype QIK and my phone is an M7.

If anybody has any experience or possible solutions please post what you can, this is beyond frustrating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you select Sense Launcher, do you then tap Always? And it still does that afterwards?

Try going to Settings>App Manager, select Kids Mode, and see if you can Disable it.

doodles91

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Yep i always tap always and it still continues to ask for the default launcher, every single time i press the home button or exit an app.

I can't disable kids mode since the disable option is blanked out.

doodles91

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I meant app caches but i tried the system cache partition and it didn't completely work. It still did a bit!

Every time i close an app, it closes and goes to home screen perfectly, which is brilliant, thank you. I thought it was fixed, but when i double tap home to close the app in the task manager it then always asks for default launcher.

So it only happens now when i am using/closing the task manager.

doodles91

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
May have figured it out, hasnt happened in the last 10 minutes, took inspiration from other threads i've found for other phones but with the same problem, for the htc one m7 specifically i found that uninstalling the lock screen update or app solved it i think.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you found a solution! If the problem does in fact go away, I'd send feedback to HTC about the bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay