Why am I unable to sync my phone?

A

AC Question

unable to sync my phone

trying to connect to htc sync manager to transfer photos etc from my HTC M7 to my computer and i keep getting the message device unavailable please reconnect your device

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: unable to sync my phone

Welcome to Android Central! I would suggest using Windows Explorer instead, to simply drag and drop the photo files from the phone's internal storage to the computer's hard drive. Does the phone show up as a device in Windows Explorer when you plug it in via USB? Make sure the phone is set to MTP (swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB connection icon, and select MTP).

Kimbasawrus

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, and I can't even see my phone on connected devices list (Using MacBook here) but HTC sync manager KNOWS my phone is plugged in, just won't connect.

I can't find this USB option anywhere to try to troubleshoot it. When I open the USB notification that pops up when I plug in, my options are "Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot", "USB Network Setting" and "Bluetooth Tethering" and none of those are helpful.

I've never really used Sync manager (is it just me, or is it really buggy and awkward to use?), my computer's just treated it like a USB memory and I've always accessed that way, I'm not sure why it's suddenly not working :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel