How can I restart an HTC One M7 with broken power button?

A

AC Question

My power button my my HTC One M7 stopped working. Unfortunately, it is currently powered off. So, even though it has a 100% charge, I can't turn it on b/c that requires that I press down the power button. Here are some of the things I've tried from what I've been able to read online:

1. Starting HTC One M7 in recovery mode:
Unfortunately, in order to start an HTC One M7 in recovery mode requires holding down the down volume button + the power button. Without the power button working, this solution won't work to get me started.

2. installing adb and fastboot:
I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.5 on a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 MBP (retina, mid 2012) machine and have homebrew installed. I issued brew install android-platform-tools. I then changed my $PATH to include the downloaded adb and fastboot programs.

Once I had that set up, I tried to connect to my device through the USB cable. Unfortunately, I don't believe I had the developer mode turned on that allowed USB mounting (MTP). The phone is running Android 5.0.x. So, when I try running 'adb devices' in terminal, I get the response that there are no devices connected. I try 'adb reboot' but with no devices detected, i get, 'error: device not found.'

I tried using diskutil list to see if there were a way to detect the device as connected to the computer even if it's not mounting. But that didn't work, either.

So, I've tried most of the solutions I've read online, but with the phone turned off, I'm unable to run the simple command to turn on my darn phone so that I can otherwise work with it.

Any ideas on how to turn on a fully-powered Android 5.0.x phone without the use of the power button that doesn't have MTP turned on?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12