This device any good to use still for a few months - given it's quite old?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
My contract ends at the end of this year and I've got an iphone 5s but my eyes are starting tofeel the strain of the screensize. I had the M8 and it was too big for me, had the s6 didnt like touchwiz and been lookin at this.

Given it's nearly 3 years old, whats it like in terms of speed and performance in the way of gaming and web browsing. Does it struggle nowadays given the age.

Also is it going to get marshmallow?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's not going to be "bad" but it's definitely not going to be great. Are you looking at a used device? I'd strongly recommend going for something a bit newer, especially if security, up to date software and performance are considerations. Marshmallow on the M7 is almost certainly not happening. The Nexus 4, which came out in the same year, is still on Lollipop. A very good low cost option is the Nexus 5X.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am still using my M7 and have been for 3 years now. It looks and runs like the day I bought it. I don't game but I do everything else with it. And it's still fast. I'm not giving it up until it dies. I say go for it.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
This is a solid phone, which is why I just purchased my third HTC One M7 from Swappa. One for me, one for my wife and one for a spare. This is a really good phone.

Frank

Posted via the Android Central App with my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt