HTC One M7 Bricked or recoverable?

BrentMc78

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello I bought an HTC One M7 Verizon LTE P/N: 99hvv002-00 at a yard sale. The old lady who sold it to me she had stuff on it and I told her I could reset it. I initiated a reset and sat it down and when I wasn't looking she picked it up and tried to turn it on. Now when I turn it on it asks for a Verizon decryption password which turned out to be 12345. When I enter it it says you need to reset your phone. When I do a reset it fails, probably because it was ruined by her messing with it during a reset.

I recently had a problem with another phone and someone walked me through side-loading android. I was hoping I could do the same and fix this phone. I connected it to a windows 7 laptop and it saw the phone and installed drivers. I never got the phone to show up in windows explorer. At one point the phone switched to fastboot USB, so I thought that was a good sign. Do you think I can flash the ROM and fix it or is it a brick? I will be happy to provide more information and take pictures of the phone screen. Thanks for reading. -Brent

BrentMc78

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I have been fiddling with it and it doesn't matter what code I enter it always takes it and says while the code is correct your data is corrupt and you need to reset your phone. If I hit the home button several times I can see the home screen with the menu dots button. When I hit it I get two choices. Setting and running apps. When I choose settings I get just screen pinning and layout, but I found out if I choose running apps I can hit the back button and get into the settings menu. I can even connect to my WI-fi. The main problem I think is the memory. If I connect it to a computer I do not see storage that I can transfer files to in explorer and if on the phone I click storage it says calculating and then unavailable. Any ideas?

BrentMc78

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I saw the phone working fine. I did a reset for her peace of mind. She had data on it. She picked it up and tried to turn it on during the reset. I have tried many things. Recently I got my computer to see it and turned on HTC Sync manager. It saw it and did a repair, but it did not work. I think my main problem is trying to communicate with the on-board storage. I want to use this device as a media player. Does anyone have any ideas?