HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, after comparing the Spigen Slim Armor and the Ultra Hybrid, I've finally settled on the Ultra Hybrid. It felt better in my hand and it was lighter. The Slim Armor made the phone feel wider and heavier, surprisingly. I'm also carrying this in a Seidio Surface holster, which isn't a bad fit at all. Good enough for me to rely on it. And I was able to get the holster plus the Surface case at Best Buy so if I get tired of the Spigen I can switch.

Posted via Android Central App

questionfear

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am using the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro-it's a tough case, no doubt about that, but I feel good about how protective it is. It has a built in screen protector that fits quite well over the screen, and since I have a toddler with an obsession with phones and a very clumsy labrador, I decided it was worthwhile to sacrifice style for function. Looks and feels more premium than the Otterbox I played with in the VZW store for a lot less.

jtc303

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Black carbon fiber slick wrap, I don't like cases

u5a8yvut.jpg

re8e4eme.jpg

[JTC ONE m8]

Last edited:

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's a few shots of the black Spigen slim armor on red One.

Attachments

• 16961.jpg
    16961.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 16962.jpg
    16962.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 93

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I won a contest and won a Seidio Dilex case with a kickstand. Used to be there Active case and it's awesome. I love the way it feels in my hand. I got the gold and black and it goes great with my gold phone.

Wondering how much bulk this one adds, and if the IR blaster works with this case...?

drberezin

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I settled on the Diztronic gray TPU case (from Amazon). I think the color compliments the silver M8, is very thin, adds great grip and you can see the HTC and Verizon logo through the back (in the picture below it doesn't show the logos).

71QSuueKu4L._SL1500_.jpg

I tried the Cimo Ultra Slim "S" case in clear, but it looks like it starts to slightly yellow after a while. Also tried the black Cruzerlite Bugdroid, but it was too stark against the silver phone.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I see the dot View Case went down in pirce to 30 bucks at Amazon but it didn't get that good of reviews. I don't even want one anymore. I'm fine with my Seidio Dilex in the Gold and i still have my nice Otterbox.

pnoozi

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question for anyone who might have an answer. But does anyone have the red One and have any pics with cases, or have come across pics of the red one with cases on it? Im still using my DNA but might be pulling the trigger on a One today or tomorrow and I really like the look of the red one with the black accents. Curious what it looks like in an actual case. Thanks in advance if anyone has any pics or has seen any.

I posted some pics in a black DuoMax aluminum bumper case recently in the stickied color thread.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I posted some pics in a black DuoMax aluminum bumper case recently in the stickied color thread.

Just went to see those. I like that alot actually, Ive been trying to find something to retain the red color more, but didnt want to get one with a clear back as I havent heard enough about which ones are good and wont scratch up instantly. Might pick one of those up though for the price and try it out.

BockBock

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Picked up the Spigen "slim" case which isn't very slim. While I think the gunmetal looks the closest in design to the phone itself it makes an already thick/heavy phone even more so. Thinking about picking up a Sedio surface case as a backup to see if it's any thinner/lighter. I had one on my OneX and loved it.

new_htc_one_case_sa_gunmetal02_1.jpg

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Picked up the Spigen "slim" case which isn't very slim. While I think the gunmetal looks the closest in design to the phone itself it makes an already thick/heavy phone even more so. Thinking about picking up a Sedio surface case as a backup to see if it's any thinner/lighter. I had one on my OneX and loved it.

View attachment 126052

As much as I love how this case looks, I came to the same conclusions as you. I ended up with a Spigen Ultra Hybrid in Metal Slate and I love it. I picked up the Best Buy Platinum case + holster so I could use the holster with the Ultra Hybrid case, and plus I have an extra case to boot. The Platinum case set is cheaper than buying the stuff separately, and plus it's just a rebranded Seidio Surface.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa