HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
At the Verizon store all they had were huge Otterboxes and I refuse to use a case that more than doubles the thickness of my phone. HTC isn't selling the dot matrix case yet as far as I can tell - the AC Review says they're available in grey but htc's website doesn't show grey as a color option and the other colors shows "out of stock" . For now I ordered a generic $10 tpu case off of Amazon until something better comes along.

The dot matrix case is expensive but maybe an aftermarket company will come out with something that has similar functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:

JetBlk

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One: What is everyone using for cases?

I'm currently using this incipio case that was at verizon until I can get a dot view case. Don't really like it. Already took it off last night and used the phone at home without it. Love the feel of the phone, really hate putting a case on it to cover up it's design....

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Why on earth would you put a plastic case on your metal phone?
At the Verizon store all they had were huge Otterboxes and I refuse to use a case that more than doubles the thickness of my phone. HTC isn't selling the dot matrix case yet as far as I can tell - the AC Review says they're available in grey but htc's website doesn't show grey as a color option and the other colors shows "out of stock" . For now I ordered a generic $10 tpu case off of Amazon until something better comes along.

The dot matrix case is expensive but maybe an aftermarket company will come out with something that has similar functionality.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to try the dot matrix case because it looks awesome. We'll see how long it lasts, tho. I usually go naked.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm giving this one a shot, it's supposed to arrive sometime in the next couple of hours (ordered it at 11PM last night, gotta love Local Express Delivery). I would rather not cover the phone, but I also know it will get dropped at least a couple of times, so a minimal clear TPU should do the trick.

Amazon.com: [RED SHIELD] [ANTI-SLIP] HTC One M8 Case Protective [Ultra Fit] Durable Crystal Silicone TPU Protective Case for The All New HTC One / HTC M8 / HTC One 2 / HTC One 2014 Case (2014) - Clear (carried by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint):

For my One M7 I used a similarly cheapo clear Cimo TPU case - protected it from a couple of nasty falls (the corners of my case are quite scratched but the actual phone is not) while still showing the beauty of the phone, it has yellowed a bit though.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a poetic atmosphere case and a smoke color bug droid case. May stop by local Verizon store to see what they gave after work.

Sent from my HTC M8

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Why on earth would you put a plastic case on your metal phone?

Not as big a deal if the phone falls on its side or back, but if it falls face down and slides a few feet across asphalt that way - as my M7 did about a month ago - you will want that little bit of a bumper and protection around the edge of the (non-metal) screen that a case provides... ;)

stlcards504

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

I always prefer the old Blackberry style slide in/out pouch case. I prefer to have something that covers the screen when it's not in my hand. It adds a little bulk in the case, but easy to get out of the case.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Got a temporary case from Verizon. Covers, but still shows all the glory of the gun metal!

Sent from my HTC M8

Attachments

• 1395961621754.jpg
    1395961621754.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 1395961632395.jpg
    1395961632395.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 348

dmack0706

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Got the same case from verizon as you. But got a nicer looking all clear case coming from spigen check it out u gotta show off the sides on this M8

From the one M8

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm giving this one a shot, it's supposed to arrive sometime in the next couple of hours (ordered it at 11PM last night, gotta love Local Express Delivery). I would rather not cover the phone, but I also know it will get dropped at least a couple of times, so a minimal clear TPU should do the trick.

Amazon.com: [RED SHIELD] [ANTI-SLIP] HTC One M8 Case Protective [Ultra Fit] Durable Crystal Silicone TPU Protective Case for The All New HTC One / HTC M8 / HTC One 2 / HTC One 2014 Case (2014) - Clear (carried by Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint):

For my One M7 I used a similarly cheapo clear Cimo TPU case - protected it from a couple of nasty falls (the corners of my case are quite scratched but the actual phone is not) while still showing the beauty of the phone, it has yellowed a bit though.

So this finally arrived - fits snugly and forces me to use a little more pressure on the power and volume buttons - which is a good thing since it is too easy without it. But it is a frosted clear, which lightens the Gunmetal Gray (may work well with the silver though) not a clear clear so it's back to the drawing board. No biggie since it was $5. Think I will try this one from Spigen, it says Crystal Clear soft TPU and Spigen is well-known.

Amazon.com: [STRONG-FLEX] Spigen HTC One M8 Case Clear **NEW Release** [Ultra Fit] [Capsule Clear] Premium Clear TPU Case Soft for The All New HTC One / HTC M8 / HTC One 2 / HTC One 2014 Case (2014) - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Capsule Clear (SGP10810)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2