Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: HTC One (M8): The Dot view case

What screen protector do you have? I think someone posted above that with he Zagg glass it doesn't work. I would like to try it. I am still wanting one of these cases but I don't think you can get colored ones yet. Well except for the orange one someone got.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McGrath View Post
    That makes a lot of sense… I got used to it with a screen protector on. Still functions correctly..

Love the Dot View Case. At first i was thinking about returning it. But after a day of using it i found it very useful. Voice dial works extremely well, best voice activation i have encountered on a phone actually. It needs a loud speak option though.

I believe bo screen protector works with this case! The magnet needs to stick to bare glass and with the screen protectors the flap doesn't completely stay flat so I removed mine and now the flap stays closed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

When you open it completely and fold it up under the phone, does it put the phone to sleep? It did in the store, the Verizon rep had one and warned me about.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by masseurca View Post
    When you open it completely and fold it up under the phone, does it put the phone to sleep? It did in the store, the Verizon rep had one and warned me about.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Mine doesn't. In fact that's how I'm holding it now.

You removed what your screen protector or the magnet from the case? Guess I'll go to the Sprint store and look at the case in person and try to put it on my phone and see if it works ot not with my Zagg protector.

Quote Originally Posted by jaleelhamidd View Post
    I believe bo screen protector works with this case! The magnet needs to stick to bare glass and with the screen protectors the flap doesn't completely stay flat so I removed mine and now the flap stays closed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

I really want this case..but how bad is the texting with the cover not folding all the back?

My big gripe so far. The swipe down to activate voice calling does NOT work on my phone. I took the case off, put it back on, power cycled, repositioned, ensured it's fitting properly, everything I can think of. Still no swipe down function.

So today I went to the AT&T store to try it out on maybe another phone. The display phone there doesn't work with the swipe down feature either. So what gives? Is this just a software issue with the AT&T phones?

Has anyone seen the red one in person yet? I know it is in stock on Shop Android finally.

I can't ever get the swipe down to activate voice calling. I don't think it worked from the beginning.bit sometimes it does pop up for me so maybe I'm doing it wrong I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHectorG View Post
    My big gripe so far. The swipe down to activate voice calling does NOT work on my phone. I took the case off, put it back on, power cycled, repositioned, ensured it's fitting properly, everything I can think of. Still no swipe down function.

So today I went to the AT&T store to try it out on maybe another phone. The display phone there doesn't work with the swipe down feature either. So what gives? Is this just a software issue with the AT&T phones?

Well my sister just got one from T Mobile and it totally works flawlessly. I wonder why the AT&T version would have that feature disabled. Just don't get it.

Got mine today. Its a pain in the ***,
    but it looks so cool that I dont care.
    Dot display only last 5 secs. Can it be changed? I checked settings/display and gestures/Screen time out/ ...
    but its still 5 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHectorG View Post
    Well my sister just got one from T Mobile and it totally works flawlessly. I wonder why the AT&T version would have that feature disabled. Just don't get it.
    I was having the same issue. make sure "quick call" is checked in motion launch and gesture settings for the normal phone settings. it's a standard lock screen feature but it seems it has to be active for the case to work as well.

Did your dot view case close completely with the glass screen protector?

Posted via Android Central App

It's not bad, just takes a little getting use to

Still undecided on this, can get it for under £20 on Amazon now so am tempted. Has anyone tried any 3rd party ones, thought perhaps they would have improved the closure issues

I have the HTC one and a 3rd party one and neither of them close completely with a tempered glass screen protector. Other than that they both do everything else that they are supposed to do.

Posted via Android Central App

I have the M9 on T Mobile. The swipe down to quick call does not work either. The most important feature , is not functional . I've written to HTC and no response... Any suggestions?

I owned one and it was one of those gimmicks that get pretty old pretty fast. Gladly I got mine on eBay for a cheaper price than what HTC was selling it for. The flap is really bad. I actually had to take the case off because the flap is so bouncy and was getting in shots of a film project I had to do. And because I had no case and the m8 being so slippery, my friend dropped the phone and had to get a replacement. So if you're not a big picture user and want some sort of cool flap that'll do cool things to show your friends then get it but if not just find another case or even a skin cause that's what I did after having no case.

Posted via the Android Central App
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234