HTC One (M8): The Dot view case

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got this case from Verizon. The thing I immediately noticed is that it doesn't stay closed completely. Unless I physically hold it down, the cover is always a little raised instead of flat against the display. Is anyone else noticing this? It makes the notifications look like crap.

Hmm mine seems to be flat on the screen.

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got this case from Verizon. The thing I immediately noticed is that it doesn't stay closed completely. Unless I physically hold it down, the cover is always a little raised instead of flat against the display. Is anyone else noticing this? It makes the notifications look like crap.

Mine's like this. If I push the side in it will stay closed, but then it pops back up when I stop, so I'm not really sure if it just isn't tight enough, or the flap is too springy, or the magnet isn't strong enough. Doesn't really bother me too much. I'll leave it on its front every once in a while and see if it gets any better from use.

mbellis

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Purchased the Dot View case from VZW originally, wasn't very happy with the Warm Gray color. Purchased the Warm Black Dot View case from the Shop Android part of the site and received it today, its the exact same color that VZW is advertising as warm gray, I was expecting a black case as depicted in the photos, the part numbers on the packaging are different, the VZW packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11530-00 and the Shop Android packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11416-00. I will edit this post with a photo in a little while but has anyone else found a similiar situation or has anyone received the shop android Warm Black case that can comment and/or share a photo to compare the Warm Black color? Thanks! VZW Warm Gray on the left and Shop Android Warm Black on the right...
IMG_0400.jpg

Last edited:

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me on the warm black and warm grey situation. Ordered it from Verizon and got grey. Picture for real looks black. Also case won't close with any screen protector on it. Still dig it though.

Notus

Banned
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my Dot View Case today. Great case but the hinge does feel a little stiff, I'm sure that will break in over time. I've also ordered the Feather Glass screen protector from Mime USA. I exclusively use there glass screen protectors now. Best quality, warranty, and very finger print resistant. At 1.5 mm thickness I highly doubt it will get in the way of the functionality of the Dot View case.

HTC One (M8) Feather Glass Screen Protector | MIME

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

same problem! any fixes?

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
EVERYONE LISTEN UP

the flap will not completely close with a screen protector. the magnet does not stick to the screen protector it needs to stick to the naked screen in order for the flap to stay flat and closed

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
That makes a lot of sense… I got used to it with a screen protector on. Still functions correctly..

Love the Dot View Case. At first i was thinking about returning it. But after a day of using it i found it very useful. Voice dial works extremely well, best voice activation i have encountered on a phone actually. It needs a loud speak option though.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My Sprint store said they only have the grey I thought it was black.

Purchased the Dot View case from VZW originally, wasn't very happy with the Warm Gray color. Purchased the Warm Black Dot View case from the Shop Android part of the site and received it today, its the exact same color that VZW is advertising as warm gray, I was expecting a black case as depicted in the photos, the part numbers on the packaging are different, the VZW packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11530-00 and the Shop Android packaging has an HTC SKU 99H11416-00. I will edit this post with a photo in a little while but has anyone else found a similiar situation or has anyone received the shop android Warm Black case that can comment and/or share a photo to compare the Warm Black color? Thanks! VZW Warm Gray on the left and Shop Android Warm Black on the right...
View attachment 114950

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
What screen protector do you have? I think someone posted above that with he Zagg glass it doesn't work. I would like to try it. I am still wanting one of these cases but I don't think you can get colored ones yet. Well except for the orange one someone got.

That makes a lot of sense… I got used to it with a screen protector on. Still functions correctly..

Love the Dot View Case. At first i was thinking about returning it. But after a day of using it i found it very useful. Voice dial works extremely well, best voice activation i have encountered on a phone actually. It needs a loud speak option though.

jaleelhamidd

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I believe bo screen protector works with this case! The magnet needs to stick to bare glass and with the screen protectors the flap doesn't completely stay flat so I removed mine and now the flap stays closed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
When you open it completely and fold it up under the phone, does it put the phone to sleep? It did in the store, the Verizon rep had one and warned me about.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
You removed what your screen protector or the magnet from the case? Guess I'll go to the Sprint store and look at the case in person and try to put it on my phone and see if it works ot not with my Zagg protector.

I believe bo screen protector works with this case! The magnet needs to stick to bare glass and with the screen protectors the flap doesn't completely stay flat so I removed mine and now the flap stays closed

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app