HTC One (M8): The Dot view case

TheHectorG

May 9, 2014
Visit site
My big gripe so far. The swipe down to activate voice calling does NOT work on my phone. I took the case off, put it back on, power cycled, repositioned, ensured it's fitting properly, everything I can think of. Still no swipe down function.

So today I went to the AT&T store to try it out on maybe another phone. The display phone there doesn't work with the swipe down feature either. So what gives? Is this just a software issue with the AT&T phones?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't ever get the swipe down to activate voice calling. I don't think it worked from the beginning.bit sometimes it does pop up for me so maybe I'm doing it wrong I don't know.

My big gripe so far. The swipe down to activate voice calling does NOT work on my phone. I took the case off, put it back on, power cycled, repositioned, ensured it's fitting properly, everything I can think of. Still no swipe down function.

So today I went to the AT&T store to try it out on maybe another phone. The display phone there doesn't work with the swipe down feature either. So what gives? Is this just a software issue with the AT&T phones?

TheHectorG

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Well my sister just got one from T Mobile and it totally works flawlessly. I wonder why the AT&T version would have that feature disabled. Just don't get it.

Javier 1273

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Got mine today. Its a pain in the ***,
but it looks so cool that I dont care.
Dot display only last 5 secs. Can it be changed? I checked settings/display and gestures/Screen time out/ ...
but its still 5 secs.

Joshua Rogoff

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Well my sister just got one from T Mobile and it totally works flawlessly. I wonder why the AT&T version would have that feature disabled. Just don't get it.

I was having the same issue. make sure "quick call" is checked in motion launch and gesture settings for the normal phone settings. it's a standard lock screen feature but it seems it has to be active for the case to work as well.

The Elf

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Still undecided on this, can get it for under £20 on Amazon now so am tempted. Has anyone tried any 3rd party ones, thought perhaps they would have improved the closure issues

riccowboy

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the HTC one and a 3rd party one and neither of them close completely with a tempered glass screen protector. Other than that they both do everything else that they are supposed to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Blue Tirtle

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the M9 on T Mobile. The swipe down to quick call does not work either. The most important feature , is not functional . I've written to HTC and no response... Any suggestions?

Kazuya Mesta

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I owned one and it was one of those gimmicks that get pretty old pretty fast. Gladly I got mine on eBay for a cheaper price than what HTC was selling it for. The flap is really bad. I actually had to take the case off because the flap is so bouncy and was getting in shots of a film project I had to do. And because I had no case and the m8 being so slippery, my friend dropped the phone and had to get a replacement. So if you're not a big picture user and want some sort of cool flap that'll do cool things to show your friends then get it but if not just find another case or even a skin cause that's what I did after having no case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21