Micro SD card for HTC One (M8)

SpartanTkd

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Is the M8 SDXC micro sd card compatible? Should I order class 10 or is a lower class ok such as 6? Phone coming Fri. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Micro SD card for M8

Wish the phone came with a card. I don't know where my old 16 card is that I had in my evo. BUt I was use to not having one now so I may not need one.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Wish the phone came with a card. I don't know where my old 16 card is that I had in my evo. BUt I was use to not having one now so I may not need one.

We're lucky if we get a phone with sd card slot let alone having the card come with it lol. I mean it's already 32gb on board.

Posted via Android Central App

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I know so probably won't even need a card don't have one now on my 32 gig One. But I remember my EVO coming with an 8 gig but then I bought a 16 and was just saying I would rather have a card then the earbuds I probably won't use but cards are cheap if I do need one and lots of people like the ear buds.

We're lucky if we get a phone with sd card slot let alone having the card come with it lol. I mean it's already 32gb on board.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I need help. Coming from an original One X, I haven't used a memory card in quite a while. I'm taking delivery of an M8 next week and want to get a card to put some music on. What type of card do I buy? Let's say I'm on Amazon, how do I know what card fits this phone? Thanks!!

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I need help. Coming from an original One X, I haven't used a memory card in quite a while. I'm taking delivery of an M8 next week and want to get a card to put some music on. What type of card do I buy? Let's say I'm on Amazon, how do I know what card fits this phone? Thanks!!

Amazon.com: micro sd

Just a "micro sd" search brings that up. Flipped through the first 3 pages and any of them will work. I am guessing a lot of the sandisk are up first because they are popular. I have always been a fan of sandisk cards in my dslr cameras so I wouldnt hesitate to buy them.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I know so probably won't even need a card don't have one now on my 32 gig One. But I remember my EVO coming with an 8 gig but then I bought a 16 and was just saying I would rather have a card then the earbuds I probably won't use but cards are cheap if I do need one and lots of people like the ear buds.

I know what you're saying and that was a long time ago in the mobile world. I haven't seen a high end phone come with an sd card in a few years. So I get it but your basing it on something that really isn't done anymore. Next thing you know people will 've complaining about the price of the phone that they are charging for giving away an sd. 32gb on board for most other high end phones are $650+ retail. 750 for iPhone. So I think we all can make it to buy our own.

sp1d3rm0nk3y

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I am new to android OS, I have had an iPhone ever since the first one was released. How do I setup the SD card for music or movies? Do i have to create folders or just drag and drop files onto the card? any help would be greatly appreciated!

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I am new to android OS, I have had an iPhone ever since the first one was released. How do I setup the SD card for music or movies? Do i have to create folders or just drag and drop files onto the card? any help would be greatly appreciated!

There's various ways. You can connect it to your computer and make folders and drag music. Play music now saves to sd if you want to use all access. And movies same way if you format the movie so the phone can read it! And play movies also saved to SD card now in settings

Posted via GPe M8

sp1d3rm0nk3y

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

There's various ways. You can connect it to your computer and make folders and drag music. Play music now saves to sd if you want to use all access. And movies same way if you format the movie so the phone can read it! And play movies also saved to SD card now in settings

Posted via GPe M8

Thank you. I got some music and video's on my device. One thing I cannot figure out is uploading a book file. I have tried creating a "book" folder, but the apps don't recognize it. I have tried uploading .mobi and .epub versions of the book. Would you happen to know how to do that?

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. I got some music and video's on my device. One thing I cannot figure out is uploading a book file. I have tried creating a "book" folder, but the apps don't recognize it. I have tried uploading .mobi and .epub versions of the book. Would you happen to know how to do that?

You should be a me to download a epub app that can read the book from the play store. You may have to see how the app looks for the file. Try saving it in the internal me or first to see if it works

Posted via GPe M8

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

You know I want a 128GB MicroSD card. I spoke with HTC today about what type to buy.. I didn't think to ask about microSDHC and XC. Oops. But anyway, I did ask what Class (speed) of memory card the phone will handle.. obviously if it'll handle Class 10 and I see a good price I'd get it.. they told me they recommend "class 2". Holy slow! Not that it really matters that much, right? But I did a search on NewEgg.. all the Class2 cards are 32GB or less.

Should I ignore them and get a faster card? I want 128GB.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

You know I want a 128GB MicroSD card. I spoke with HTC today about what type to buy.. I didn't think to ask about microSDHC and XC. Oops. But anyway, I did ask what Class (speed) of memory card the phone will handle.. obviously if it'll handle Class 10 and I see a good price I'd get it.. they told me they recommend "class 2". Holy slow! Not that it really matters that much, right? But I did a search on NewEgg.. all the Class2 cards are 32GB or less.

Should I ignore them and get a faster card? I want 128GB.

If you want any kind of performance from reading files off the SD card get a faster one IMHO. I use a class 10 and personally wouldn't use anything slower than that.

IPahwa

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Whatever you buy, don't buy generic brand SD cards. I have already burnt two 64 gb cards. These cards are slimmer (read flimsy) than the branded cards such as SanDisk and may not make proper contacts with the phone. You get error message "SD card was removed unexpectedly) few times and then the card is toasted for good. I have purchased SanDisk (I guess any brand will be fine) 64 gb card, Class 10, and never had the error message or card issue. Although not mentioned in the literature, I suggest formatting the sd card to Fat32 in your PC prior to using for better compatibility.

caneva03

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Guys ive just bought a 64GB micro SD for my HTC one m8 and it runs stupidly slow now. Any ideas why? Is it a setting im missing out on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995