Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Dot View case

Verizon now has the Dot View case on line for sale. It was showing out of stock for me till just now. Bought it for $44

http://www.verizonwireless.com/acces...sayt&sayt=dot*
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Default Re: Dot View case

Does this case props up like a stand like the double dip flip case for the m7?

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

No.

Sent from my HTC EVOLTE using Tapatalk 4 Pro.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I'm not one to put cases on my phone, and putting a plastic/rubber case on something like the One should be criminal, but the clever use of the dot case is really tempting me to purchase it.

Love the retro dot matrix look, also like how it's usable while the cover is on. The designers at HTC are really clever.

Ordered the Dot View case from Verizon (even though I'm an At&t guy). Can't wait to give it a try, especially given the news today that the support for it is going to be on the Google Play store so they'll be able to add different notification stuff via the App for it.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Dot View case

Has anyone found this in stores yet? I tried every store in CT with no luck.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by arisenfury View Post
    Has anyone found this in stores yet? I tried every store in CT with no luck.

It's on display in Phoenix stores.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

I want the orange and burgundy cases.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Sorry that thing is ugly. Something like the sview flip cover is a lot better

That sounds cool! I want the case too and noone has it. It was listed on BB as coming soon in all color for 50 bucks. But I'm tempted to order from Verizon just to have it for when I get the phone from Sprint. I also saw a Speck case I like on BB website but I usually do Seidio and I want a kickstand. Also last year Sprint store gave me a free Otterbox commuter which I liked. But this only covers front and back not the sides right?

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    Ordered the Dot View case from Verizon (even though I'm an At&t guy). Can't wait to give it a try, especially given the news today that the support for it is going to be on the Google Play store so they'll be able to add different notification stuff via the App for it.

I checked out this case yesterday and couldn't figure out what the point was. Is it for people who want to protect the screen (but still have info)? I didn't like the feel or bulk at all but was mostly curious as to how it actually helps to have a cover when it's perforated anyway. Not trying to sound negative, I really want to know if there's some aspect about it that may be useful to me.

The point is to protect the screen while still being able to interact with the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

It's perforated, but there is still a layer of protection between the screen and the case...it's just see through (for viewing the lights).

I went into Verizon today cause my husband wanted to see what the gunmetal grey phone looked like. We were doing a pre order reserve at Best Buy mobile in the mall. I said oh I wish we could see what the phone looks like and the guy pulled out the gold one which is what I wanted. All he had was a black otterbox commuter which I like the commuters but not black. So we go to Verizon and they had the dot one on display and a silver and gunmetal phone. My husband thought the grey was too dark on the front and I didn't like it neither so I am glad I got gold. He reserved one of each color cause he wasn't sure which one he wanted but now after seeing gunmetal he may choose gold but anyway I don't know if i like the dot case or not. If I was to drop my phone I don't know how well it will protect. I may get one to use sometimes but Verizon had the commuter by Otterbox in my favorite color purple so I may get it for 34.99. But I asked Verizon guy if they had more dot cases he said no so I'm guessing just the display black one. I wanted the burgundy one if i was to get one.

But it only lights up when your screen is on right? And if you get a notification will it light up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    But it only lights up when your screen is on right? And if you get a notification will it light up?
    I believe the phone knows when you've got this case on and shows the correct patterns on screen that show through the case when needed (ie. when you get notifications or calls.)
    It doesn't work for all notifications yet only the stock sense ones but apparently more support will be added through the Play store.

I haven't got mine yet so this is what I have gleaned through the interwebs not experience.