HTC One (M8) car dock?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've only seen one site mention that HTC would have a car dock and they thought last years dock for the M7 utilized pogo pins, so I'm not sure how much I trust their info. I plugged the cord from the M7 car dock into the new M8 ,and it Launched HTC's car application, so I'm hoping/assuming they will have one eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 car dock?

I have the ibolt dock from Sprint and I can plug in the extra plug to launch car dock app now. I hope the M8 still fits it will just be longer I guess. But my favorite dock was for my EVO that you just set in dock and it started charging the charger stayed plugged into back of dock. I rarely use the extra cord now I just open the car dock app unless I want my home screen in landscape. I also had an old seidio home dock that sat next to my bed and it charged and opened up a home app with a clock.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I use the ibolt. Samsung phones are the only ones I know of that launch with the cord. Right now I'm using a NFC tag to launch my car app with my ibolt dock.

Posted via Android Central App

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

HTC launches with the ibolt. Mine came with 2 plugs a Samsung and an HTC and at 1st it didn't make my home screen rotate and then I noticed it did the other day but I don't always use the plug.

Yeah, I use the ibolt. Samsung phones are the only ones I know of that launch with the cord. Right now I'm using a NFC tag to launch my car app with my ibolt dock.

Posted via Android Central App

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that's the one I'm waiting on also.

HTC launches with the ibolt. Mine came with 2 plugs a Samsung and an HTC and at 1st it didn't make my home screen rotate and then I noticed it did the other day but I don't always use the plug.

I didn't know that. I'm going to see if I can just order the cord.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Well my ibolt broke again tonight this is the 2nd one that broke I will not buy another. All I did was tilt it and it broke. I have an extra cord somewhere I'll send it to you if I can find it. The dock was feeling a little tight and all I did was tilt it up and down a bit to get it the way I wanted it and it broke just like the other one. So I will get something else. I think I'll order the HTC one too maybe but it's expensive. I had an old dock from one of my EVO's and the charging port was on the side and you stuck it in the dock and it auto launched car dock app rotated home screen and charged the phone. The car charger plugged into the back of the dock so I didn't have to plug it in everytime that was my favorite one. Now I have to plug it in everytime and I don't care for this ibolt.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Is there one where you put phone in dock and it starts charging and brings up dock app and rotates home screen? That's what I want. And does it sit on your dash I usually have ones that suction to my window. But I used to have this bean bag one that sat on my dash. I like this but it's expensive. Have you used this type before I know they made it for the One I think.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Is there one where you put phone in dock and it starts charging and brings up dock app and rotates home screen? That's what I want. And does it sit on your dash I usually have ones that suction to my window. But I used to have this bean bag one that sat on my dash. I like this but it's expensive. Have you used this type before I know they made it for the One I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRW774islpM just like that

mikeetown

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah - I can't find any info ANYWHERE on the OFFICIAL HTC car dock for the M8. They show that they support it - but they don't show an m8 in any pictures. I have one for my M7 - can't they just sell the plastic 'cradle' without having to sell the entire unit?? The cradle is made to come off.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah - I can't find any info ANYWHERE on the OFFICIAL HTC car dock for the M8. They show that they support it - but they don't show an m8 in any pictures. I have one for my M7 - can't they just sell the plastic 'cradle' without having to sell the entire unit?? The cradle is made to come off.

Ummm I linked it in this thread....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

HTC makes the best car docks IMO, all the way back to the Nexus One car dock. The only downside is having to remove your case every time. This has never been a big deal to me because I usually don't use bulky cases, that take a lot of time to remove. Robstunner, thanks for imbedding my video review. :cool:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I had older HTC docks that went on with certain small cases. I also remember my seidio home dock that turned phone into Landscape mode and there was a docking app besides your car dock one. I loved it!

HTC makes the best car docks IMO, all the way back to the Nexus One car dock. The only downside is having to remove your case every time. This has never been a big deal to me because I usually don't use bulky cases, that take a lot of time to remove. Robstunner, thanks for imbedding my video review. :cool:

mikeetown

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah - I actually just saw that. Thanks - It sucks that if you bought one for the M7 - you have to buy an ALL NEW one for the M8 - they should make just the cradle part available.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I use.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bUpU3550845&utm_medium=content&token=brybDsAD

I use it with this cable to give it a finished look.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...a-charge-cable-%2F310712144379&token=R5ohkvS4

I tie the cable off to the back of the dock to give it a finished look. I went this route so the it was easy to replace chargers as necessary.

The dock looks very nice with pretty much any phone and works with a case. The suction cup has the sticky crap on it and stays secure even on textured surfaces. If it is staying put in a Freightliner on a bumpy road it ain't falling down in a car. I have it attached above my head on a textured bin door. No problems at all.

I use Trigger to automatically turn car mode on and off when the phone connects to the Bluetooth in my vehicle.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&token=rfpV3pwZ

I find Tasker to be far to complicated to do simple things and the basic version of this app is free.

I got sick of buying car docks for every phone every time I got a new one and most would not work in cases.

For my car which did not have any good places to mount a dock I bought another one of the docks above and this dock.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DT...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3550845

I used the jaws from the first dock and attached it to ťhe ball on the CD slot holder. The combination was much nicer than the already made solutions. There is and option to just buy the blade with a ball but for some reason it's more expensive. Cheaper to just buy the complete version and mix and match.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is the one I use.

I use Trigger to automatically turn car mode on and off when the phone connects to the Bluetooth in my vehicle.

I used the jaws from the first dock and attached it to ťhe ball on the CD slot holder. The combination was much nicer than the already made solutions. There is and option to just buy the blade with a ball but for some reason it's more expensive. Cheaper to just buy the complete version and mix and match.

I've never tried that with trigger before, that sounds like a good idea. I usually use NFC, but the HTC One (M8 & 7) NFC chip is in a higher location than most phones, making it awkward to use with a dock. I just got a new car that has bluetooth and I configured trigger to work the way you described.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The car dock program I use (Car Home Ultra) has a setting that enables car mode when connected to a specific bluetooth device, in this case my car. It's cool because I don't have to use Trigger, but I'd never would have looked for the setting before. This should work well for me until the dock come out, although I'm not sure I'll get it now.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that too and disabled Trigger. Car Home Ultra is superior to the stock car home anyways. For some reason the stock car home won't honor the option not to start music on startup in its own settings. Even using media button router wouldn't help. CHU solved that problem for me. I found that in my stereo anyways, you need to activate Google Voice Commands thru the button on the stereo if you want to use the car system mic. The onscreen activation button defaults to the phone mic. Make sure you go to the settings in Google Now and check the box to use Bluetooth if it's a feature you want to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles