Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default HTC One (M8) car dock?

I've only seen one site mention that HTC would have a car dock and they thought last years dock for the M7 utilized pogo pins, so I'm not sure how much I trust their info. I plugged the cord from the M7 car dock into the new M8 ,and it Launched HTC's car application, so I'm hoping/assuming they will have one eventually.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-29-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: HTC One M8 car dock?

I have the ibolt dock from Sprint and I can plug in the extra plug to launch car dock app now. I hope the M8 still fits it will just be longer I guess. But my favorite dock was for my EVO that you just set in dock and it started charging the charger stayed plugged into back of dock. I rarely use the extra cord now I just open the car dock app unless I want my home screen in landscape. I also had an old seidio home dock that sat next to my bed and it charged and opened up a home app with a clock.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Yeah, I use the ibolt. Samsung phones are the only ones I know of that launch with the cord. Right now I'm using a NFC tag to launch my car app with my ibolt dock.

Posted via Android Central App
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

https://shop.us.htc.com/detail/htc-n...ectedCartItem=

This is the ONLY dock I would recommend, and is the one im waiting on.
    coronaboy10 likes this.

HTC launches with the ibolt. Mine came with 2 plugs a Samsung and an HTC and at 1st it didn't make my home screen rotate and then I noticed it did the other day but I don't always use the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    Yeah, I use the ibolt. Samsung phones are the only ones I know of that launch with the cord. Right now I'm using a NFC tag to launch my car app with my ibolt dock.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post

Yeah, that's the one I'm waiting on also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    HTC launches with the ibolt. Mine came with 2 plugs a Samsung and an HTC and at 1st it didn't make my home screen rotate and then I noticed it did the other day but I don't always use the plug.
    I didn't know that. I'm going to see if I can just order the cord.
    Thanked by:

Well my ibolt broke again tonight this is the 2nd one that broke I will not buy another. All I did was tilt it and it broke. I have an extra cord somewhere I'll send it to you if I can find it. The dock was feeling a little tight and all I did was tilt it up and down a bit to get it the way I wanted it and it broke just like the other one. So I will get something else. I think I'll order the HTC one too maybe but it's expensive. I had an old dock from one of my EVO's and the charging port was on the side and you stuck it in the dock and it auto launched car dock app rotated home screen and charged the phone. The car charger plugged into the back of the dock so I didn't have to plug it in everytime that was my favorite one. Now I have to plug it in everytime and I don't care for this ibolt.

Is there one where you put phone in dock and it starts charging and brings up dock app and rotates home screen? That's what I want. And does it sit on your dash I usually have ones that suction to my window. But I used to have this bean bag one that sat on my dash. I like this but it's expensive. Have you used this type before I know they made it for the One I think.

Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

Is there one where you put phone in dock and it starts charging and brings up dock app and rotates home screen? That's what I want. And does it sit on your dash I usually have ones that suction to my window. But I used to have this bean bag one that sat on my dash. I like this but it's expensive. Have you used this type before I know they made it for the One I think.
    just like that
    Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY and coronaboy10 like this.

Default Re: HTC One (M8) car dock?

Yeah - I can't find any info ANYWHERE on the OFFICIAL HTC car dock for the M8. They show that they support it - but they don't show an m8 in any pictures. I have one for my M7 - can't they just sell the plastic 'cradle' without having to sell the entire unit?? The cradle is made to come off.
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikeetown View Post
    Yeah - I can't find any info ANYWHERE on the OFFICIAL HTC car dock for the M8. They show that they support it - but they don't show an m8 in any pictures. I have one for my M7 - can't they just sell the plastic 'cradle' without having to sell the entire unit?? The cradle is made to come off.
    Ummm I linked it in this thread....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I like it cause you don't have to keep plugging it in everytime. I like how you slide the phone in but you have to take your case off? Does it not fit with a case on?

just like that
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    862 Global Posts

I like it cause you don't have to keep plugging it in everytime. I like how you slide the phone in but you have to take your case off? Does it not fit with a case on?
    Nope, no cases

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

HTC makes the best car docks IMO, all the way back to the Nexus One car dock. The only downside is having to remove your case every time. This has never been a big deal to me because I usually don't use bulky cases, that take a lot of time to remove. Robstunner, thanks for imbedding my video review.

I had older HTC docks that went on with certain small cases. I also remember my seidio home dock that turned phone into Landscape mode and there was a docking app besides your car dock one. I loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    HTC makes the best car docks IMO, all the way back to the Nexus One car dock. The only downside is having to remove your case every time. This has never been a big deal to me because I usually don't use bulky cases, that take a lot of time to remove. Robstunner, thanks for imbedding my video review.

Yeah - I actually just saw that. Thanks - It sucks that if you bought one for the M7 - you have to buy an ALL NEW one for the M8 - they should make just the cradle part available.

This is the one I use.

http://www.shopandroid.com/aduro-u-g...t/3AA14505.htm

I use it with this cable to give it a finished look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/up-down-righ...-/310712144379

I tie the cable off to the back of the dock to give it a finished look. I went this route so the it was easy to replace chargers as necessary.

The dock looks very nice with pretty much any phone and works with a case. The suction cup has the sticky crap on it and stays secure even on textured surfaces. If it is staying put in a Freightliner on a bumpy road it ain't falling down in a car. I have it attached above my head on a textured bin door. No problems at all.

I use Trigger to automatically turn car mode on and off when the phone connects to the Bluetooth in my vehicle.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...actionlauncher

I find Tasker to be far to complicated to do simple things and the basic version of this app is free.

I got sick of buying car docks for every phone every time I got a new one and most would not work in cases.

For my car which did not have any good places to mount a dock I bought another one of the docks above and this dock.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DTV...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

I used the jaws from the first dock and attached it to ťhe ball on the CD slot holder. The combination was much nicer than the already made solutions. There is and option to just buy the blade with a ball but for some reason it's more expensive. Cheaper to just buy the complete version and mix and match.

Armadillo, the other white meat.
    Thanked by 3:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    This is the one I use.

I use Trigger to automatically turn car mode on and off when the phone connects to the Bluetooth in my vehicle.

I used the jaws from the first dock and attached it to ťhe ball on the CD slot holder. The combination was much nicer than the already made solutions. There is and option to just buy the blade with a ball but for some reason it's more expensive. Cheaper to just buy the complete version and mix and match.

I've never tried that with trigger before, that sounds like a good idea. I usually use NFC, but the HTC One (M8 & 7) NFC chip is in a higher location than most phones, making it awkward to use with a dock. I just got a new car that has bluetooth and I configured trigger to work the way you described.
    techitrucker likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

The car dock program I use (Car Home Ultra) has a setting that enables car mode when connected to a specific bluetooth device, in this case my car. It's cool because I don't have to use Trigger, but I'd never would have looked for the setting before. This should work well for me until the dock come out, although I'm not sure I'll get it now.

I noticed that too and disabled Trigger. Car Home Ultra is superior to the stock car home anyways. For some reason the stock car home won't honor the option not to start music on startup in its own settings. Even using media button router wouldn't help. CHU solved that problem for me. I found that in my stereo anyways, you need to activate Google Voice Commands thru the button on the stereo if you want to use the car system mic. The onscreen activation button defaults to the phone mic. Make sure you go to the settings in Google Now and check the box to use Bluetooth if it's a feature you want to use.

I want this device.
    Waiting for this to be stocked.
    I'm missing my dock.

I am on the fence in getting this or the new Samsung. I had the original Evo and am still using my Evo 4G LTE two years in.

For both of those phones I have used the Seidio surface cases and recommend them absolutely! I use the SURFACE Holster, I like that it is a nice thin case and you can use it in their car docks as well. So you put it on your belt and then right into the car holder without removing the case etc.. THAT is a MUST for me! Great fit and performance and no I have nothing to do with Seidio except being a fan of their products. ii

This is the case I am currently using: SEIDIO | SURFACE Case & Holster Combo for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    This is the car dock for it: SEIDIO | Innotraveler Car Kit for HTC EVO 3D

What is cool is that dock works with the non cased phones as well, it has an adapter. So you don' t have to use a case if you don't want. I do as I like to carry it horizontally on my belt.

So if I decide on the M8 or Samsung I am getting the equivalents of these again for sure.
    That is *IF* they make a car kit for this one. If not then I may look at other ones.

They are sadly still in development though. SEIDIO | HTC One (M8)

Just trying to give you guys some options.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

I liked that Seidio dock. I love there cases too but there not out yet. I like the Active now called Dilex and the surface and my husband likes the whole convert thing with the holster. But for now I am using the ibolt dock that I bought at Sprint for my old HTC One! There's an extra plug to make it auto bring up the car dock app that came with the phone but sometimes mine would bring up my car home ultra too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I am on the fence in getting this or the new Samsung. I had the original Evo and am still using my Evo 4G LTE two years in.

For both of those phones I have used the Seidio surface cases and recommend them absolutely! I use the SURFACE Holster, I like that it is a nice thin case and you can use it in their car docks as well. So you put it on your belt and then right into the car holder without removing the case etc.. THAT is a MUST for me! Great fit and performance and no I have nothing to do with Seidio except being a fan of their products. ii

This is the case I am currently using: SEIDIO | SURFACE Case & Holster Combo for HTC EVO 4G LTE
    This is the car dock for it: SEIDIO | Innotraveler Car Kit for HTC EVO 3D

What is cool is that dock works with the non cased phones as well, it has an adapter. So you don' t have to use a case if you don't want. I do as I like to carry it horizontally on my belt.

So if I decide on the M8 or Samsung I am getting the equivalents of these again for sure.
    That is *IF* they make a car kit for this one. If not then I may look at other ones.

They are sadly still in development though. SEIDIO | HTC One (M8)

Just trying to give you guys some options.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    1,683 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    I want this device.
    Waiting for this to be stocked.
    I'm missing my dock.
    It's in stock now, I haven't checked the forum so didn't know if any of you guys new.

I just ordered it from Shop HTC. If you are going to order it, I suggest just doing so before they realize all shipping options are free 😊
    Last edited by mcox1124; 04-10-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast