Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gonzalo Martino
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Desk Docking Station?

Will there be a desk docking station?

Default Re: Desk Docking Station?

I hope so, they tend to be useful if you spend lot of time sitting on the same place (like I do xD)
    Rose4uKY likes this.

There's plenty out there for the M7 so there will be plenty in time for the M8 but being on the bleeding edge means they haven't all gotten their hands on them yet.
    I want one too.

Found this one, cheap enough so ordered one to try out. They claim they are in stock and 24hr shipping.

http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/p-3...e--black-.html

Also looking for one... but it does not need to be docking.. just clearance for a 90deg charging cable....

Looking for a desk stand (portrait orientation) to accomodate the charing cable on the bottom of the One M8.
    I have 90deg charging cables, so do not need much room, but need clearance of approx 1/2".

Any recommendations?

I'd like one where it docks in landscape. Last year we were out of town and this Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant had these little menu cards in a small little dock like a business card holder on all the tables but we stuck our phones in it and it fit perfectly. So for now we each have one of those sitting next to our bed on the night stand.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFamily View Post
    Also looking for one... but it does not need to be docking.. just clearance for a 90deg charging cable....

Looking for a desk stand (portrait orientation) to accomodate the charing cable on the bottom of the One M8.
    I have 90deg charging cables, so do not need much room, but need clearance of approx 1/2".

Any recommendations?

Don't bother with the one from cellular outfitters. It is NOT the correct configuration for an M8 and now I am dealing with trouble returning their mislabeled product.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFamily View Post

Any recommendations?
    Try this one. I think you'll like it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008QV...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Armadillo, the other white meat.

ROM
    Stock

Does the one for the M7 fit the M8?

I just upgraded to the M8 from a 3-4 year old HTC Inspire. For the Inspire I have a Seidio Desktop cradle (SEIDIO | Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC Inspire 4G/Desire HD). Seidio does not yet make a similar cradle for the M8. So I put my M8 in the Inspire cradle and it fits fine.The cradle base is weighted which helps counterbalance the extra height on the M8 compared to the Inspire.