Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Screen Protector

Ok so I have used Calrivue in the past and now on my HTC One is Steinheil SPG I think it's called. I know several people who like Zagg but some day it gives this orange peel effect and some don't like it but some do. Well the best Buy Mobile today had a new one the Zagg glass and the guy showed me he had it on his iphone and we liked it but it was expensive like 40 bucks. I have a 10% coupon and 20 bucks in reward zone money so I may get it. Anyway heard of it? He said only they carry it but it has a lifetime warranty.

Default Re: Screen Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    Ok so I have used Calrivue in the past and now on my HTC One is Steinheil SPG I think it's called. I know several people who like Zagg but some day it gives this orange peel effect and some don't like it but some do. Well the best Buy Mobile today had a new one the Zagg glass and the guy showed me he had it on his iphone and we liked it but it was expensive like 40 bucks. I have a 10% coupon and 20 bucks in reward zone money so I may get it. Anyway heard of it? He said only they carry it but it has a lifetime warranty.
    I used a Steinheil on my last One and did an extensive review on the One forums (different site). Basically, it's as good as you're going to get with a protector. It actually improved touch sensitivity slightly and was smooth as glass. There was an ever so slight tint and when I did side-by-side pics, you could see only a faint difference (granted, it was still less than with other protectors). If you're going to get a protector I recommend the Steinheil. By far, the best I've used. And, they do stand by their warranty. There was a small defect in my first one (which turned out to be my case pushing on it) and they sent me another. With that said, the screens these days are so tough that I didn't get a single scratch on my last phone when I went bare so I'm personally going without a protector this time.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I like the Steinheil that I have now on my HTC One better than clarified. I thought about getting it again. But a couple times when playing my game I touch the screen and it doesn't recognize it I think.

I used xtreme guard on all of my phones. Durable and super clear. It's like a cheaper version of zagg but it's been great for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html

Once I used a tempered glass screen saver on my 5S.... its the only type I'll ever use. Got one coming for my M8.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

And which one is tempered glass? Where are you getting it? I don't anything about them except the Best Buy guy showed me this Zagg glass one on his phone and it's expensive but we liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Once I used a tempered glass screen saver on my 5S.... its the only type I'll ever use. Got one coming for my M8.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    And which one is tempered glass? Where are you getting it? I don't anything about them except the Best Buy guy showed me this Zagg glass one on his phone and it's expensive but we liked it.
    I ordered one off Verizon's website. Yes, they cost more than your film type screen savers, but worth it IMO.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks! Then I am getting the Zagg Glass my husband liked it too. Just noticed the Zagg is like 40 bucks the one you got off Verizon is 24.99 I guess it's preety much the same just not Zagg right? Maybe I'll get it instead. I have 20 bucks in Best Buy bucks for reward zone and I have a 10% off coupon for my birthday that is why I was going to do Zagg. But now I see the one you bought is cheaper. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I ordered one off Verizon's website. Yes, they cost more than your film type screen savers, but worth it IMO.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Screen Protector

ScreenMate by iloome. I've tried a few and all have been good but this one is my favorite and it's $24.99 shipped in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    ScreenMate by iloome. I've tried a few and all have been good but this one is my favorite and it's $24.99 shipped in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    I second that. This is a great screen protector, My friend has it and it is really good.
    Al tough I still think that it is a bit too expensive. (on amazon it costs $25)
    Amazon.com: iloome the All New HTC One 2014 (M8) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Rounded Edges & Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00J...ref=mp_s_a_1_1

I have this one and it is amazing for 6.99 is should be 15 plus

Posted via Android Central App