HTC One (M8): Screen Protector

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have used Calrivue in the past and now on my HTC One is Steinheil SPG I think it's called. I know several people who like Zagg but some day it gives this orange peel effect and some don't like it but some do. Well the best Buy Mobile today had a new one the Zagg glass and the guy showed me he had it on his iphone and we liked it but it was expensive like 40 bucks. I have a 10% coupon and 20 bucks in reward zone money so I may get it. Anyway heard of it? He said only they carry it but it has a lifetime warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Screen Protector

Ok so I have used Calrivue in the past and now on my HTC One is Steinheil SPG I think it's called. I know several people who like Zagg but some day it gives this orange peel effect and some don't like it but some do. Well the best Buy Mobile today had a new one the Zagg glass and the guy showed me he had it on his iphone and we liked it but it was expensive like 40 bucks. I have a 10% coupon and 20 bucks in reward zone money so I may get it. Anyway heard of it? He said only they carry it but it has a lifetime warranty.
I used a Steinheil on my last One and did an extensive review on the One forums (different site). Basically, it's as good as you're going to get with a protector. It actually improved touch sensitivity slightly and was smooth as glass. There was an ever so slight tint and when I did side-by-side pics, you could see only a faint difference (granted, it was still less than with other protectors). If you're going to get a protector I recommend the Steinheil. By far, the best I've used. And, they do stand by their warranty. There was a small defect in my first one (which turned out to be my case pushing on it) and they sent me another. With that said, the screens these days are so tough that I didn't get a single scratch on my last phone when I went bare so I'm personally going without a protector this time.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I like the Steinheil that I have now on my HTC One better than clarified. I thought about getting it again. But a couple times when playing my game I touch the screen and it doesn't recognize it I think.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I used xtreme guard on all of my phones. Durable and super clear. It's like a cheaper version of zagg but it's been great for me.

Posted via Android Central App

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Once I used a tempered glass screen saver on my 5S.... its the only type I'll ever use. Got one coming for my M8.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

And which one is tempered glass? Where are you getting it? I don't anything about them except the Best Buy guy showed me this Zagg glass one on his phone and it's expensive but we liked it.

Once I used a tempered glass screen saver on my 5S.... its the only type I'll ever use. Got one coming for my M8.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

And which one is tempered glass? Where are you getting it? I don't anything about them except the Best Buy guy showed me this Zagg glass one on his phone and it's expensive but we liked it.

I ordered one off Verizon's website. Yes, they cost more than your film type screen savers, but worth it IMO.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! Then I am getting the Zagg Glass my husband liked it too. Just noticed the Zagg is like 40 bucks the one you got off Verizon is 24.99 I guess it's preety much the same just not Zagg right? Maybe I'll get it instead. I have 20 bucks in Best Buy bucks for reward zone and I have a 10% off coupon for my birthday that is why I was going to do Zagg. But now I see the one you bought is cheaper. LOL!

I ordered one off Verizon's website. Yes, they cost more than your film type screen savers, but worth it IMO.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
ScreenMate by iloome. I've tried a few and all have been good but this one is my favorite and it's $24.99 shipped in the USA.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon