Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default HTC One (M8): Tempered glass screen protector list

Only found the Clear HD LCD Screen Protector for M8 here: http://www.wowparts.com/3-x-clear-hd...or-htc-one-m8/
    Searching for HTC One M8 Tempered glass screen protector list.
    Last edited by aaa111sss; 04-10-2014 at 05:10 AM.

ROM
    Sabsa Prime for Inspire

Default Re: HTC One M8 Tempered glass screen protector list

Bodygardz should be releasing it around April 11.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

I think I'm getting he Zagg one from Best Buy but it's expensive. Verizon has one for 24.99. Zagg is like 40 bucks. I have a 10% off coupon and 20 dollars in Best Buy bucks so I'll probably get it there it has a lifetime warranty. Wonder if this one is anygood?

http://www.amazon.com/Nilkin-Hardnes...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Quote Originally Posted by aaa111sss View Post
    Searching for HTC One M8 Tempered glass screen protector list.

I use tempered glass screen protectors exclusively on all of my devices, can't use anything else after getting used to the feel of glass, I have used a number of different brands, Seidio, SGP, Nilkin, Mime, Zagg and BodyGuardz, here is a list for comparison of costs over time assuming 4 replacements in the device lifetime for a few of the brands listed. This is only a few of those currently available, please feel free to update this list.

Zagg: $39.99, after 4 replacements @ $5.99 (Zagg only charges for shipping of replacement) = $63.95
    HTC One M8 Screen Protector | ZAGG
    Mime: $24.95, after 4 replacements @ $12.48= $74.87
    HTC One (M8) Ghost Glass Screen Protector | MIME
    BodyGuardz: $31.96 (assuming you are already an advantage member), after 4 replacements @ $12.95 = $83.76
    HTC One (M8) Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz
    VZW: $24.99, after 4 replacements @ $24.99 = $124.95 (warranty paper in packaging says that VZW will replace within 30 days due to defect so YMMV on these)
    Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the all new HTC One (M8) - Verizon Wireless

SGP: $39.99 (They have not updated their glass replacement form to reflect the replacement cost of the M8 Glass, note that warranty is only in effect for 1 year)
    Spigen HTC One (M8) Screen Protector GLAS.tR NANO SLIM | Spigen

So far I have purchased the VZW brand and the Zagg, major difference being the VZW branded protector covers the entire front of the device from top to bottom with cutouts for the boom speakers and front facing camera, where as the other brands all cover the screen only.
    Thanked by:

So Zagg just covers the screen only but would you recommend it? What I have now on my onoe doesn't cover the whole phone with cutouts just covers the screen only on my one so I guess I'll be good here. I told Best Buy we wanted the glass Zagg protector and I just told themn to go ahead and put them on so they will be dry and ready for tomorrows pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by mbellis View Post
    I use tempered glass screen protectors exclusively on all of my devices, can't use anything else after getting used to the feel of glass, I have used a number of different brands, Seidio, SGP, Nilkin, Mime, Zagg and BodyGuardz, here is a list for comparison of costs over time assuming 4 replacements in the device lifetime for a few of the brands listed. This is only a few of those currently available, please feel free to update this list.

Zagg: $39.99, after 4 replacements @ $5.99 (Zagg only charges for shipping of replacement) = $63.95
    HTC One M8 Screen Protector | ZAGG
    Mime: $24.95, after 4 replacements @ $12.48= $74.87
    HTC One (M8) Ghost Glass Screen Protector | MIME
    BodyGuardz: $31.96 (assuming you are already an advantage member), after 4 replacements @ $12.95 = $83.76
    HTC One (M8) Screen Protectors by BodyGuardz
    VZW: $24.99, after 4 replacements @ $24.99 = $124.95 (warranty paper in packaging says that VZW will replace within 30 days due to defect so YMMV on these)
    Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the all new HTC One (M8) - Verizon Wireless

SGP: $39.99 (They have not updated their glass replacement form to reflect the replacement cost of the M8 Glass, note that warranty is only in effect for 1 year)
    Spigen HTC One (M8) Screen Protector GLAS.tR NANO SLIM | Spigen

So far I have purchased the VZW brand and the Zagg, major difference being the VZW branded protector covers the entire front of the device from top to bottom with cutouts for the boom speakers and front facing camera, where as the other brands all cover the screen only.

Why would you need four replacements over the life of the device? I've never needed to replace a Mime unless the whole phone needed replaced for some defect. That's one if the great things about the tempered glass. It doesn't really wear out our start looking shabby like the old fashioned ones did.

I am curious how the VZW fits. The bottom speaker grill on mine isn't perfectly flush. Was wandering if putting a protector over the grills like that is causing it to look funky.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    Why would you need four replacements over the life of the device? I've never needed to replace a Mime unless the whole phone needed replaced for some defect. That's one if the great things about the tempered glass. It doesn't really wear out our start looking shabby like the old fashioned ones did.

I am curious how the VZW fits. The bottom speaker grill on mine isn't perfectly flush. Was wandering if putting a protector over the grills like that is causing it to look funky.

I am also hesitant on the VZW protector as a user on XDA reported issues due to the un-even transition between the glass and the speaker areas, as you mentioned. Even if it's less protection, it seems like a standard protector covering just glass is your best bet.

The MIME looks pretty nice for the price but it doesn't say how thick it is?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Skyway; 04-03-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Tempered glass is not scratch and shatter proof, when my protector gets a lot of scratches on it I replace it, and I have had a number of mine crack on the corners, isn't that why we have a warranty? I was simply providing a cost comparison for everyone... And I have had an issue with the VZW protector not applying correctly so at this time even though it covers more of the screen I find it hard to recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post

Thanked by 3:
    Oliver Telfor likes this.

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

I picked up the Zach one from Bestbuy Tuesday. Very good product but it does tend to collect dust along the edges...

Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

I tried the VZW and the application didn't go too well. The bottom right corner just would not stick down. Now the whole thing is beginning to pull up
    so I am going to try the Zagg version
    Thanked by:
    sean916 likes this.

Best Buy put our Zaggs on and we like them. My husband says it's the best we've had but his looks like it's not on really well in the top corner and he wants to go back there but he says he loves using phone with it. I am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by singlemike View Post
    I tried the VZW and the application didn't go too well. The bottom right corner just would not stick down. Now the whole thing is beginning to pull up
    so I am going to try the Zagg version

Could you post a pic of your phone with one of these on? you've got me curious and I've never used a screen protector

I Just bought the zagg tempered glass protector

Have any of you gotten the tempered glass protector to work with the dot view case?

I was wondering this, too. Heard the dot view doesn't work with screen protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by pootyash View Post
    I was wondering this, too. Heard the dot view doesn't work with screen protectors.
    Ya well I tried the bodyguardz one. And it def didn't work with the dit view case. Seeing if anyone else had luck with a other case!

I bought the Zagg glass screen protector at Best Buy today and just installed it. It was expensive ($40) but in the two seconds that it's been on, I'm very impressed. Very easy to install, feels awesome, and there is no decrease in touch sensitivity. I didn't get it 100% aligned the first time, so I gently peeled it up from the top right corner and now that corner isn't completely stuck. Overall, very happy, I will never buy a plastic screen protector again. Highly recommend it!

Thanked by:
    Rose4uKY likes this.

I have been using the HTC Dot View Case with the Verizon branded tempered glass screen protector without any issues, I would find it hard to believe any screen protector would interfere with the magnets of the dot view case, however I still can't recommend the Verizon branded tempered glass screen protectors because of the corners near the boom speakers not sticking.

Quote Originally Posted by ramandeepghuman View Post
    Have any of you gotten the tempered glass protector to work with the dot view case?

Thanked by:

I still can't recommend the Verizon branded tempered glass screen protectors because of the corners near the boom speakers not sticking.
    That's the reason why I went with the Zagg. I really like the idea of a protector covering from speaker grill to speaker grill, but in the end it's only the screen that needs protecting.

I have been using the HTC Dot View Case with the Verizon branded tempered glass screen protector without any issues, I would find it hard to believe any screen protector would interfere with the magnets of the dot view case, however I still can't recommend the Verizon branded tempered glass screen protectors because of the corners near the boom speakers not sticking.
    If you don't mind me asking can I get a video. Cause I will def go pick up the Verizon one if it works! I just wanna make sure before I do cause these things aren't returnable cause at&t would take my bodyguardz one back!

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Tempered glass screen protector list

We love ours and yes they were expensive. When we reserved our phones they gave us each a 20% off coupon. I was planning on using a 10% one they emailed me for my birthday. Plus I had 20 in reward bucks. But we paid extra and just let them put them on cause I got a call saying we could get them early and we both were working so the next day they were on. It's the best we've used and worth it. His was peeling in the top corner and that replaced it with brand new one and all's good. Feels Great!

I just got the Zagg one at best buy today. Wow it's this impressive. I used regular films in the past. Never again.

Now to find the perfect case.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

I also got the Zagg InvisibleShield Glass from Best Buy, was expensive but very much worth it, It looks great the rounded edges are nice and most importantly feels like the phone does without a screen protector while working just as well.
    Last edited by lorddrgn; 04-08-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    Thanked by:
    csleverette likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast