Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Skinomi full body skin

Do not buy it! The front piece is cutout very well but I noticed a pretty big decrease in touch screen responsiveness. I could barely type the Amazon review. I do like that it covers the whole front of the phone, including the speakers

The back piece was not cutout right at all and the sides refused to stick to the phone. I couldn't even use it.

Add I'm writing this, the responsiveness seems to have gotten a little better, I'll give it a couple days to see if it gets better.

All in all I would not recommend this, spend the extra and get a Zagg or something. Honestly I've really wanted to try out a glass screen protector, so maybe I'll do that instead.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Skinomi full body skin

Update: So skinomi called me up and sent me a replacement and said they redesigned it. Instead of the front being one piece, it is now three separate pieces. One for the screen and two for the speaker grills, which really make it a lot easier to install.

The back piece used to be one piece and they separated that into three pieces as well. One for the back and sides (it wraps around the sides) and two for the top and bottom.

It also seems to stick a lot better, but I just installed it today so I need to give it some time to tell. Overall very impressed that they changed it up and called me to help me out. I was planning on getting a supcase unicorn beetle case, but now I just might use this instead. I'll update this again in a couple days to see how well it's holding up

How's the back? If I got it I wouldn't use the front or screen protector. I'd just use it to keep scratches off the back.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    How's the back? If I got it I wouldn't use the front or screen protector. I'd just use it to keep scratches off the back.
    Not bad, the cutouts are in the right spot. It doesn't seem to go all the way to the corners, but it does a good job nonetheless. It adds more grip while retaining the looks of the phone. Doesn't feel the same but that is to be expected. The top and bottom piece work good too, you just have to install them correctly.

My favorite part though is the speaker grill covers. I use a Zagg glass screen protector which only covers the screen so it really helps to have them as seperate pieces.