Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    I don't buy phones or cases very often so hopefully someone can help me work through the confusion. I want something ultra-thin and clear that is molded so it wraps around the edge. Scratch protection and better grip is all I want. Most of what I see is thick and somewhat rigid. The "thin" clear case I bought makes the phone look like a hunk of glossy plastic. Isn't there some kind of clear, molded rubber that slips over the phone?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-08-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    I haven't found anything like your describing but I have sen a few clear ones like your talking about but they are all glossy and likely scratch easily and look terrible after normal use for awhile. If I were to keep the phone I would probably get the incipio feather case or casemate barely there case. Both in black which is a matte finish and gives better grip but you do cover up the phone but those cases dont scartch as easily and look better for a lot longer.
    Thanked by:
    B0WIE 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by jev425 View Post
    I haven't found anything like your describing but I have sen a few clear ones like your talking about but they are all glossy and likely scratch easily and look terrible after normal use for awhile. If I were to keep the phone I would probably get the incipio feather case or casemate barely there case. Both in black which is a matte finish and gives better grip but you do cover up the phone but those cases dont scartch as easily and look better for a lot longer.
    Thanks! It looks like Case-Mate has a Barely There in clear for the M8 and it lets you have room to wipe the 2nd cam (most others circle it and you can't get it clean). It looks like they also made a cut-out for the power (instead of a bar) so I won't have my phone constantly being turned on in my pocket (oh, that sounds wrong...).
    I'll be pre-ordering one tonight and will post a review next week if it's any good.
  4. #4  
    Tower72's Avatar
    Gigantic Member

    Posts
    443 Posts
    ROM
    ARHD 8.0

    Default Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    You could wait for a company like Invisibleshield to come out with a full body shield...Zero added bulk..plus if I remember correctly, the shield isnt very...whats the word.....slippery?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    You could wait for a company like Invisibleshield to come out with a full body shield...Zero added bulk..plus if I remember correctly, the shield isnt very...whats the word.....slippery?
    I've used those in the past but the two things that I don't like are that;
    They peel quickly.
    They don't give alight lip to protect the screen when it's face-down.

    However, if the Barely There doesn't work out, I'll be waiting to get a shield. I'm less worried about scratches and such than I used to be with other phones.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Search "Hyperion HTC m8" on amazon and look at that case as well. Looks pretty good and they have a clear with frost or clear with smoke color. I know you said you want clear but for me I'd go for those because they are textured so easier to grip and won't scratch as badly as a completely clear transparent case.
    little09 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Take a look at this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J2D...0-20&m1k=vb_ac
    And this

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    Tower72's Avatar
    Gigantic Member

    Posts
    443 Posts
    ROM
    ARHD 8.0

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Oh dang..I had one of those Poetic cases for my M7...I know what ill be getting next lol!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    The Poetic definitely looks thicker than I want (the Spigen I'm returning is the same thickness). The KaysCase looks really thin but I think the Barely There design will be better when it comes to wiping the camera lenses and that's something of a priority. $25 for a molded plastic sleeve is criminal but, if it turns out to be decent, I'll have no problem with that.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Got this one for my girlfriend:

    http://www.amazon.com/amCase-Verizon...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    I was very surprised with it and it's very thin, also it helps with grip. For a penny I wasn't expecting much but it fit better and feels and looks better than I thought, overall very pleased with it. I was gonna get one for myself if I liked it but then we wouldn't be able to tell our phones apart (we both have gunmetal)

    So I think In gonna pick this one up for myself:

    http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-Ne...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I don't buy phones or cases very often so hopefully someone can help me work through the confusion. I want something ultra-thin and clear that is molded so it wraps around the edge. Scratch protection and better grip is all I want. Most of what I see is thick and somewhat rigid. The "thin" clear case I bought makes the phone look like a hunk of glossy plastic. Isn't there some kind of clear, molded rubber that slips over the phone?
    Not exactly a case but maybe you like this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HX3...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    That case you got for your girlfriend. It says "transparent back/frosted back panel" -- is just the back transparent? I want to use my phone as a TV remote also. The Infrared sensor gets covered up by most cases out there.

    EDIT: Oh crap.. that case was 1 cent! I bought it.. with $1.99 shipping it's $2 total.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Got this one for my girlfriend:

    Amazon.com: amCase Hybrid Bumper Case (Black) for HTC One M8 (Verizon/ATT/Sprint) with Anti-Scratch Transparent/Frosted Back Panel [in Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

    I was very surprised with it and it's very thin, also it helps with grip. For a penny I wasn't expecting much but it fit better and feels and looks better than I thought, overall very pleased with it. I was gonna get one for myself if I liked it but then we wouldn't be able to tell our phones apart (we both have gunmetal)

    So I think In gonna pick this one up for myself:

    Amazon.com: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    I bought a Kayscase on Amazon, and it's by far the thinnest case I've ever seen. I doubt it offers much protection from a drop, but I guess it can prevent scratches.

    Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I bought a Kayscase on Amazon, and it's by far the thinnest case I've ever seen. I doubt it offers much protection from a drop, but I guess it can prevent scratches.

    Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -
    Do you have it now and can you please post a pic? I'm thinking of getting that one too just to make a comparison but would love to see an actual pic first. I never drop my phones if there is a case since they give enough grip. So, I'm not worried about drop protection.

    Quote Originally Posted by morami View Post
    Not exactly a case but maybe you like this
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HX3...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yea, that's the direction I'm going in if I can't find a thin enough case. I want to be able to see the brushed metal so frosted cases are not of interest.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by yuppicide View Post
    That case you got for your girlfriend. It says "transparent back/frosted back panel" -- is just the back transparent? I want to use my phone as a TV remote also. The Infrared sensor gets covered up by most cases out there.

    EDIT: Oh crap.. that case was 1 cent! I bought it.. with $1.99 shipping it's $2 total.
    Yes, just the back is frosted transparent. You can still clearly see through it and see the HTC logo.

    Yea someone else posted a link to that case and I couldn't believe my eyes! 1 penny, I was like it would be a shame NOT to buy it! All in all the best case for the price.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Yes I have the kayscase, but didn't use it today. Decided to go with the dot view today.

    The only thing I don't really like about the kayscase is that it is very tight and difficult to remove. Also on the bottom edge (where your USB port is) is somewhat sharp and just doesn't feel refined.

    I can post a pic later.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Here are a few pics of the case.



    Thanked by 3:
    bigoldthor likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I bought a Kayscase on Amazon, and it's by far the thinnest case I've ever seen. I doubt it offers much protection from a drop, but I guess it can prevent scratches.

    Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -
    I have this as well. This is the perfect case if you want clear with no bulk. It's so incredibly thin it's pretty ridiculous. Definitely recommend.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  19. #19  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    I like the HTC One (M8) Barely There Case
    Amazon.com: HTC One (M8) Barely There Case Black: Electronics
    HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".-71bscnnn9wl._sl1500_.jpg
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by smileycon View Post
    I like the HTC One (M8) Barely There Case
    Amazon.com: HTC One (M8) Barely There Case Black: Electronics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71bsCnNN9wL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	112454
    I ordered this and it was supposed to ship on the 10th (release date for the clear) but Amazon still shows no shipping. I'm about ready to give up and cancel my order.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by stan23 View Post
    I have the same Cass on, fits well and very minimal. You can hardly tell it's there

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by FaisDogg View Post
    I have the same Cass on, fits well and very minimal. You can hardly tell it's there
    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Same for me. There a bit of plastic "creak" if you squeeze it in certain places but it's a steal for what it costs and is very thin.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    for some reason i got a case in my htc box when i got the phone rubber silicone clear case with dust covers over the ports
    Thanked by:
    Robgo 
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I ordered this and it was supposed to ship on the 10th (release date for the clear) but Amazon still shows no shipping. I'm about ready to give up and cancel my order.
    Update on that, I ordered the Barely There in clear and after not shipping for a week, I told them to cancel my order. Now, Amazon removed it from their site. So, I am now looking for the best skins available. The Skinomi has too many little wrap-around extensions to it (which, in my experience, tend to peel quickly) so I want something cut in a basic way that will resist peeling. I know most of them are made from the same material but still interested in recommendations.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

    I am in between the Casemate Barely There and the Incipio Feather cases. Trying to find a way to lift the screen off the table whenever I place the phone face down and can't seem to tell how big of a lip these cases have. Anyone have any experience with them?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The M8 that at&t sells is it the16gb the
    By James E1 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 03:58 PM
  2. Is the Nexus 7(2012)still worth buying?
    By blazer236ix in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 05:13 PM
  3. Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?
    By paulzandroid in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 11:55 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
  5. App that you can use with OTG?
    By kidagakash in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions