Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Magnets in belt-clip side cases inferfering with the M8/Dotview feature?

I am getting a M8 and want to get a belt-pouch case for it. Problem is, I know that some people have had issues with some cases where the magnets used to close the flap keep setting off the DotView feature of the phone, which apparently cannot be turned off.

These were the three I was looking at:

Rugged QX NTX Horizontal Pouch for HTC One (M8), One (M7) / Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Note 2 - Android Side Cases - Android Community Store

Ventev Universal Horizontal Pouch for HTC One (M8), One (M7), Droid DNA - HTC Side Cases - HTC Accessories Depot

PDair HTC One M8 Leather Case - Horizontal Pouch Type

I noticed that that the magnets on that middle one look pretty strong with how much they dug into the case in the photographs, anyone know if this case or any of the others will mess with the M8? Is anyone aware of which specific cases do or do not interfere with the M8? Or where the magnet sensors on the M8 are so I can avoid getting a case with magnets in that area?

Default Re: Magnets in belt-clip side cases inferfering with the M8/Dotview feature?

Never thought of that, use one at work... I'll check today to see if it does anything

Posted via Android Central App