Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Double Dip Case for the M8

So I got the double dip case from Amazon and its awesome. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone and its really good looking. Only problem is it does seem to be a little loose compared to the one on the M7. I'll post picture soon. Anyone else have this case and notice the loose fit??

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: HTC Double Dip Case for the M8

I literally just came on to ask the same question. The case seems great, but feels so lose on the phone. I'm debating if I should return it or not. I'm concerned that it would easily fly off in the case of a real drop or that, with the device moving around within the case, the phone may end up getting scratched.

Otherwise, it looks good and doesn't add a lot of bulk, which is important to me. But I'm concerned about the fit.

I got the same case, as I am waiting for the Dot View to become available but wanted something in the meantime. I'm typically minimal with my cases...just something to go around the outside, and provide a raised lip around the front for when I [inevitably] drop it. I agree that this case adds minimal bulk...but it's enough that the phone feels better in my hand. I personally don't like when it's TOO thin. The case is perhaps not quite as slippery as the phone itself, but it doesn't have much grip to it either.

And yes...it's loose on my phone as well. Not too concerned about that at this point, and it doesn't seem like it's scratching my phone up yet. Other than the Portal colors (using both the orange and blue), I like that the IR blaster works through it via remote. Some 3rd party cases completely block it, I hear.

I bought it and returned it after a week. The top and bottom interchangeable pieces are loose and don't sit right on the main housing.

I also tried it and returned it for the end pieces not actually clipping and locking together with the large center piece. It makes the case loose and unstable. I noticed sometimes I'd pick up the phone and the end clip would be off. It's garbage compared to the double dip case for the M7. In fact, it's not even the same case. The double dip for the M7 covered the speaker grills and they were kinda grippy, which were nice features. So, I called HTC and asked them why does this case appear on ShopAndroid but not on their website? Their response was that we haven't made a double dip case for the M8 as of yet. I told them the case was purchased from a well known third party supplier and that it had all HTC packaging and the namesake engraved in it. So, he did some research to make sure there was no double dip cases for the M8..as I held for about 15 minutes! He comes back to the phone and says that HTC is definitely not making the double dip case for the M8 as of yet and that I had purchased a "fake knockoff! " I figured as much. If you had the double dip for the M7, then you'd know as soon as you tried this new case on your M8 that it was garbage! I tried 2 different cases and they fit exactly the same, loose, slippery, and faulty end (not)clips. It's hard for me to believe that anyone in this post who has one is actually ok with the loose fit. It's a disaster waiting to happen.