Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dot view case won't close fully

So I like the dot view case, but it won't close all the way. has anyone else had this problem? I thought there was some kind of magnet. maybe I just have a defective one?

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Default Re: Dot view case won't close fully

What do you mean? It doesn't sit flat on the phone screen?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kylazin View Post
    What do you mean? It doesn't sit flat on the phone screen?
    Yep. Had a screen protector on, took it off to try and wasted a screen protector because it still wouldn't sit flat on the screen.

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatUnknown View Post
    So I like the dot view case, but it won't close all the way. has anyone else had this problem? I thought there was some kind of magnet. maybe I just have a defective one?
    I read that is a common complaint with the dot view cases. Unfortunately, I didn't see any resolution to issue.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah i just can't do a flip case. loving my incipio DualPro.

Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

You don't say what type of screen protector you have, but if it is a tempered glass protector, they are thicker and the case won't close with it. I put the glass protector on when I bought the phone but had to order the dot view case. When the case arrived it wouldn't close. I returned the case, $50 is just too much money for a cheap piece of plastic on the back with a rubber flip door on the front with holes on it.

The idea is interesting but just looking at the case made me realize that it wasn't worth that kind of money. The case went back.
    R

If I have offered any information to help you or of interest to you please hit the "Thanks" button.

Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    You don't say what type of screen protector you have, but if it is a tempered glass protector, they are thicker and the case won't close with it. I put the glass protector on when I bought the phone but had to order the dot view case. When the case arrived it wouldn't close. I returned the case, $50 is just too much money for a cheap piece of plastic on the back with a rubber flip door on the front with holes on it.

The idea is interesting but just looking at the case made me realize that it wasn't worth that kind of money. The case went back.
    While I agree $50 is expensive for a case, the front of the case has a capacitive layer in it which is why it works with touch input. A little bit more than a cheap plastic case, if you ask me

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

I wonder if there will be any aftermarket dot case?

Posted via Android Central App on my HTC One M8

I made this complaint in the other thread. I returned one because of it and the new one does the same thing. It makes the notifications look like **** and really makes the case worthless.

Just got my dot view case yesterday and it closes perfectly. Actually snaps shut. Hope it lasts.

I just put my Dot View case on and I have the same issue. I have a Slickwrap (Buy iPhone 5S Skins, Cases, Glow Wraps, HTC One Case, MacBook Skins, and iPad Skins | SlickWraps) on the back of mine (not over the entire back) so I'm assuming that's why mine won't close :/ I really don't wanna waste that Slickwrap just to find out though does anyone have any experience with this?