Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Setting up an Hotmail/Outlook account

This is my first android phone (HTC ONE M8) & i am loving it so apologies if this is a really simple fix.

I have found that if i add my Hotmail account to the standard email option within the phone, the account is fine but the phone won't notify me of new emails despite emails being pushed. I looked in to this a little & it seems that currently the phone doesn't work correctly in this aspect. I have now installed the Hotmail app to my phone so i can add my own Hotmail personal email account. I have tested this now & it works perfectly & i am now receiving notifications for new emails.

My problem now is that i want to add my work email to the same app which the app actually gives an option for. My work email is also an outlook account, however every time i try & do this the app insists i sign in with a Microsoft username & password or register, though i didn't have to do this with my personal email. I tried using my work email address & password to sign in to Microsoft sign in page which did not work.

Can anybody help?

Am i being really stupid here? Can't see what i am doing wrong?

Default Re: Setting up an Hotmail/Outlook account

Quote Originally Posted by Gonknaff View Post
    Can't see what i am doing wrong?
    Ask a moderator to move your thread to the main section (you posted in Accessories) and you should get some good responses.

Default Re: Setting up an Hotmail/Outlook account

I have my Hotmail and work account set up under the Exchange ActiveSync. got to settings-accounts-+-exchange. notifications work fine.