Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thepurpleturtle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Supcase unicorn beetle case review

This case is almost definitely one of the best (and underrated) cases for the HTC one m8.

Design: Supcase nails this one. It makes the HTC one look even better. I think the duo camera setup makes the m8 look dumb but this case makes it look cool. The buttons look nice and everything is precise.

Feel: when you I first got the supcase, I was freaked out, because the ridges made it feel weird. Over time, I got used to it, and now it feels great. The material feels nice in the hand. The clear parts is made of something like soft touch plastic while the "bumper" part is a slightly harder soft touch plastic.

Functionality: first of all, the IR blaster works with this case. The case is easy to grip and feels solid. The case adds almost no bulk to the m8 and its still completely usable. The only downside is the power buttons become a little mushy with the case on(although it was never that great in the first place).

Value: at 15 dollars. This case is a steal.

Overall: this is the best case you can buy for the m8. It actually makes the experience with the m8.better due to the better grip and nice feel in hand. Even If you already have a case, at $15, it makes a good backup case. It even trumps the esteemed spigen case. But it on Amazon at: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Kwesi Yasay likes this.

Default Re: Supcase unicorn beetle case review

Agreed. I love this case as well. Only problem is, the clear case creates a shadow when the flash is used on the camera.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Let me check that....

Another thumbs up from me great case and I have no problem with the flash shadow as yet .

I have this case too. Have the smoke one. I haven't noticed a shadow when using the flash.........yet. I'm keeping an eye for it specifically now though. Will post back if I see something.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by pootyash View Post
    Agreed. I love this case as well. Only problem is, the clear case creates a shadow when the flash is used on the camera.

Maybe you have the case on upside down XD could you post a picture of the problem?

I had the otterbox defender but didn't really like it because of the bulk and the dust getting under the screen protector.I purchase the unicorn beetle pro and absolutely love it.

I bought the spigen air cushion case and it's a great case but a little to bulky and no cutout for the IR blaster I had the urban armor gear for my m7 and I like that case but the clear one is 31 dollars so I bought the supcase unicorn beetle in clear with black trim they have all colors to choose and for 15 dollars it's an excellent case and it has a clear button plus extras for the power key / IR blaster which I use a lot so I'd recommend this case to anyone . .

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Do you think this case is better than the Case-Mate naked tough or the Spigen Ultra hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by pootyash View Post

Not sure if you are talking about the same thing I am experiencing when you said shadow (I assume you are as you and I both have clear case).
    When I used my camera with flash on, it created light spot where the flash is located.
    I was able to see the spot on one of my photos, but I couldn't find it.
    Oddly enough, I tried to take a photo with flash on to post it for example, the spot's not there anymore...
    weird....

Hm. I can't get it to do it again, either. But yes, it left a whit(er) spot on the left side of photos when using the flash.
    But either way, I wholeheartedly recommend this case.

This case is really durable. Sometimes i have a hard time to take it off 😆

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Cool case. Had a buddy buy this and it feels nice. I definitely don't like that it blocks the 'IR blaster' at the top of the phone though.
    Maybe he got the wrong one...?