Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case

ahdez

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys just got this case in the mail, apparently ahead of its official release day (Spigen site says end of May) but pre ordered it on Amazon and arrived today :)

I decided to wait on this case because Imo, it looked better than any other case out there, and Im very picky when it comes to putting a case on my phone. (Looks)

Haven't even had it a day and already love it, fits nice and snug, cutouts are perfect, feels excellent in hand, and adds hardly any bulk. This one has a clear back case which also looks awesome.

They have a few different colors to choose from and also comes with a screen protector film (at least mine did)
for only $20 (Spigen's main site), you cant beat this quality.

Heres some quick pics

2hs81h3.jpg

2afex4l.jpg

24mx5yu.jpg

286zmrk.jpg

2j645lf.jpg

2r4osnq.jpg

j6lbpl.jpg

2dbro29.jpg

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I had my eye on this case but because of the end of May release date I bought a Supcase unicorn beetle , Spigen is a top notch company and make some great cases you will have to let us know how you get on with it over the next few weeks

Posted via Android Central App

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
ahdez, is the clear back hard or soft? And does it seem like it will scuff easily? I bought a cheap ($7) Chinese knock off version of this and really like it except I've noticed the clear back is starting to show some scrapes and scuffing.

ahdez

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The back is hard, so far mine hasn't gotten scuffed up or with scratches, I don't think Itll get really scratched unless you actually try, It feels like good quality plastic, pretty sturdy, Im always worried about that too when It comes to clear plastic cases but I think this should be fine

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg
I received my Gold Ultra Hybrid case about 2 days ago. It slips onto my HTC One M8 GPe easily. The fit is good. The Gold is actually a matt dirty tan color which I like. I wanted something to contrast the silver phone and this case looks fine. The bumper goes around the top and covers the IR blaster which would make that function useless. I am OK with that as I have enough remotes and Touch Pad that could control my Smart TV already. However, the quality of the case is a little disappointing. First the left edge of the bumper is quite sharp. It is not sharp enough to give me a paper cut but I can feel the sharpness when I am handling the phone. In addition, there is a small blister/bump that is located on the bottom left of the bumper. I might need to deburr the edge and the bump with a sharp blade later. The one thing that I really do not like is the finish of the clear back. There is a line which appears to be in the mold when the back was molded. This gives the appearance that there is a scratch on the back of my phone. This line is located below the opening of the flash. I am OK with this case for now until I can find another better made case. Any case is better than no case and this case is really not that bad. I am an Engineer and I am more critical about quality than most folks.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the best clear back case I've seen so far. No scratches after a week. My only complaint is the colors on the bumpers are industrial dull. I have the gray and it matches the phone fine but it's thoroughly uninteresting. The slate is probably a better color. EWY's critique on the edges is spot on, they are a bit sharp and feel of the cover over the power button is "squishy" when pressed. Overall a good choice if you want a clear back.

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I found this case to be almost perfect for me. I replaced my favorite with this one (slate) as my other case left a recessed power button & I was having trouble reaching it with one hand. This one has a flush button, blocking the IR port. I can live with that. Very reasonable price. Anyone want a screen protector for cheap let me know as I already have a Zagg glass.

ahdez

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I dont understand what is sharp about the case, I have no problems with mine so far, hmm.. maybe yours came defective?

also if it was too loose then thats definitely a defect

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand what is sharp about the case, I have no problems with mine so far, hmm.. maybe yours came defective?
You
also if it was too loose then thats definitely a defect

Click on the 2nd picture and you'll see a bigger view. That edge is not smooth and there is another one review on Amazon that stated the same thing. So this does not appear to be a single case. May be there is a batch of cases with shape edges and yours are not within this lot.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Are there any issues with the flash in low light with this case? I thought with the clear back the flash would be an issue.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got this case as well and did not notice any issue wih the flash. The back is clear there.
Sweet, that's good news. I'm going to try this case in addition to the Slim Armor and see which is a keeper.

Any idea if this case fits in a holster? Like the Seidio holsters for example?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
ahdez, is the clear back hard or soft? And does it seem like it will scuff easily? I bought a cheap ($7) Chinese knock off version of this and really like it except I've noticed the clear back is starting to show some scrapes and scuffing.
Can you please post the link of the deal?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Ultra Thin Transparent Clear Soft Gel Bumper Hard Case Cover for HTC One M8 2014 | eBay

The back is already scratched, but you can't really tell unless you take the phone out of the case and look at it. Overall, I like it. Also the power button is not covered, so the IR blaster should work.

Thanks. I also bought that same case but it does seem to scratch easily and it's too hard for my taste, seems it will scratch the phone from taking if on and off. I prefer the Baseus ultra thin Clear TPU Case I am using now, much thinner and dosent take away the design of the phone.

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the Baseus too. It came out of the package badly scratched, so I got my money back. It's thin though and almost feels naked. I would hate to drop the phone with only the Baseus protecting it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis