Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case

Hey guys just got this case in the mail, apparently ahead of its official release day (Spigen site says end of May) but pre ordered it on Amazon and arrived today

I decided to wait on this case because Imo, it looked better than any other case out there, and Im very picky when it comes to putting a case on my phone. (Looks)

Haven't even had it a day and already love it, fits nice and snug, cutouts are perfect, feels excellent in hand, and adds hardly any bulk. This one has a clear back case which also looks awesome.

They have a few different colors to choose from and also comes with a screen protector film (at least mine did)
    for only $20 (Spigen's main site), you cant beat this quality.

Heres some quick pics

Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case

I had my eye on this case but because of the end of May release date I bought a Supcase unicorn beetle , Spigen is a top notch company and make some great cases you will have to let us know how you get on with it over the next few weeks

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the photos, looks really good!
    I just saw it on amazon for $11 is it the same case as yours?
    Amazon.com: Spigen [AIR CUSHION] [+Screen Shield] HTC One M8 Case ULTRA HYBRID Series /
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by smileycon View Post
    Thanks for the photos, looks really good!
    I just saw it on amazon for $11 is it the same case as yours?
    Amazon.com: Spigen [AIR CUSHION] [+Screen Shield] HTC One M8 Case ULTRA HYBRID Series /
    Yeah thats same one, total was like $15
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ahdez View Post
    Yeah thats same one, total was like $15
    Are you able to use the IR blaster with this case on?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

No thats completely blocked
    Thanked by:
    Moozh 

ahdez, is the clear back hard or soft? And does it seem like it will scuff easily? I bought a cheap ($7) Chinese knock off version of this and really like it except I've noticed the clear back is starting to show some scrapes and scuffing.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The back is hard, so far mine hasn't gotten scuffed up or with scratches, I don't think Itll get really scratched unless you actually try, It feels like good quality plastic, pretty sturdy, Im always worried about that too when It comes to clear plastic cases but I think this should be fine
    Thanked by:
    EWY

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case-.jpg
    Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case-b.jpg
    Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case-c.jpg
    Spigen Ultra Hybrid Case-d.jpg
    I received my Gold Ultra Hybrid case about 2 days ago. It slips onto my HTC One M8 GPe easily. The fit is good. The Gold is actually a matt dirty tan color which I like. I wanted something to contrast the silver phone and this case looks fine. The bumper goes around the top and covers the IR blaster which would make that function useless. I am OK with that as I have enough remotes and Touch Pad that could control my Smart TV already. However, the quality of the case is a little disappointing. First the left edge of the bumper is quite sharp. It is not sharp enough to give me a paper cut but I can feel the sharpness when I am handling the phone. In addition, there is a small blister/bump that is located on the bottom left of the bumper. I might need to deburr the edge and the bump with a sharp blade later. The one thing that I really do not like is the finish of the clear back. There is a line which appears to be in the mold when the back was molded. This gives the appearance that there is a scratch on the back of my phone. This line is located below the opening of the flash. I am OK with this case for now until I can find another better made case. Any case is better than no case and this case is really not that bad. I am an Engineer and I am more critical about quality than most folks.

This is the best clear back case I've seen so far. No scratches after a week. My only complaint is the colors on the bumpers are industrial dull. I have the gray and it matches the phone fine but it's thoroughly uninteresting. The slate is probably a better color. EWY's critique on the edges is spot on, they are a bit sharp and feel of the cover over the power button is "squishy" when pressed. Overall a good choice if you want a clear back.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I ordered the silver gray one but it was just too loose fitting has anyone else had this problem

I found this case to be almost perfect for me. I replaced my favorite with this one (slate) as my other case left a recessed power button & I was having trouble reaching it with one hand. This one has a flush button, blocking the IR port. I can live with that. Very reasonable price. Anyone want a screen protector for cheap let me know as I already have a Zagg glass.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I dont understand what is sharp about the case, I have no problems with mine so far, hmm.. maybe yours came defective?

also if it was too loose then thats definitely a defect
    EWY

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ahdez View Post
    I dont understand what is sharp about the case, I have no problems with mine so far, hmm.. maybe yours came defective?
    You
    also if it was too loose then thats definitely a defect
    Click on the 2nd picture and you'll see a bigger view. That edge is not smooth and there is another one review on Amazon that stated the same thing. So this does not appear to be a single case. May be there is a batch of cases with shape edges and yours are not within this lot.
    Skyway likes this.

Are there any issues with the flash in low light with this case? I thought with the clear back the flash would be an issue.

I got this case as well and did not notice any issue wih the flash. The back is clear there.

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbudgie1306 View Post
    I got this case as well and did not notice any issue wih the flash. The back is clear there.
    Sweet, that's good news. I'm going to try this case in addition to the Slim Armor and see which is a keeper.

Any idea if this case fits in a holster? Like the Seidio holsters for example?

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    ahdez, is the clear back hard or soft? And does it seem like it will scuff easily? I bought a cheap ($7) Chinese knock off version of this and really like it except I've noticed the clear back is starting to show some scrapes and scuffing.
    Can you please post the link of the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by badelhas View Post
    Can you please post the link of the deal?
    Ultra Thin Transparent Clear Soft Gel Bumper Hard Case Cover for HTC One M8 2014 | eBay

The back is already scratched, but you can't really tell unless you take the phone out of the case and look at it. Overall, I like it. Also the power button is not covered, so the IR blaster should work.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Ultra Thin Transparent Clear Soft Gel Bumper Hard Case Cover for HTC One M8 2014 | eBay

The back is already scratched, but you can't really tell unless you take the phone out of the case and look at it. Overall, I like it. Also the power button is not covered, so the IR blaster should work.
    Thanks. I also bought that same case but it does seem to scratch easily and it's too hard for my taste, seems it will scratch the phone from taking if on and off. I prefer the Baseus ultra thin Clear TPU Case I am using now, much thinner and dosent take away the design of the phone.

I have the Baseus too. It came out of the package badly scratched, so I got my money back. It's thin though and almost feels naked. I would hate to drop the phone with only the Baseus protecting it though.

Spigen makes VERY GOOD cases. I have the Ultra Hybrid Crystal Clear on my other device and I like it a lot, no scratches so far. Enjoy the case.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

I have the Baseus too. It came out of the package badly scratched, so I got my money back. It's thin though and almost feels naked. I would hate to drop the phone with only the Baseus protecting it though.
    Unfortunately I already did, dropped it from my pants and landed on irregular rock made flor. I could definitely hear it landing. Nothing happened, not a scratch on the phone or case

Has anyone tried making a hole for the IR yet?

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

Quote Originally Posted by chickweedblur View Post
    This is the best clear back case I've seen so far. No scratches after a week. My only complaint is the colors on the bumpers are industrial dull. I have the gray and it matches the phone fine but it's thoroughly uninteresting. The slate is probably a better color. EWY's critique on the edges is spot on, they are a bit sharp and feel of the cover over the power button is "squishy" when pressed. Overall a good choice if you want a clear back.
    You have the silver case with the gunmetal phone or the metal slate case with the gunmetal phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast