Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andrew149
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's a good and cheap 128 GB microSD?

So what's a good and cheap 128 GB microSD card?
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Default Re: What's a good and cheap 128 GB microSD?

you're going to have a hard time getting both at the same time, especially since this size is new, I wouldn't cheap out man, I'd stick with San Disk or one of the other top brands

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Cheap as in junk that don't work or cheap as in high quality for a low priced and doesn't exists?

If you rather face reality here are some from a good source at a reasonable price.

If you trust Amazon they have one: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    This is the one I bought. Works in my Lumia, but when I get the M8 I will use it there.
    Oditius (Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, LG G Pad 7.0 w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

If you go cheap you're going to regret it on something like this. SD cards and Kit Kat are finicky (easily corrupted) to begin with so don't exacerbate the problem by going with a cheap micro SD card. If you don't really need 128 there a lot of quality 64 GB cards for a lot less money - there is still a pretty large premium for the 128 GB cards.

Good and cheap?? Haha those two words do not go together period.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    oditius likes this.

I'm in the same opinion as everyone else here. In the long run, getting the SanDisk Ultra 128GB, although it is no cheap, is probably the best thing to do. Got mine from Amazon and everything went pretty smooth.
    Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card Speed Up To 30MB/s With Adapter - SDSDQUA-128G-G46A: Computers & Accessories

I recently purchased a "genuine" San Disk 128GB for AU$140 off Ebay. It is either faulty or fake, one or the other. It completely disabled my HTC One m8 until the battery ran out.
    It could not hold more than 10Gb of data before the computer(s) I was using to copy/ transfer would freeze up whilst cpoying, and I'd have to cancel, and then reformat the disk.
    So yeah just be careful man

Quote Originally Posted by oldgreg101 View Post
    I recently purchased a "genuine" San Disk 128GB for AU$140 off Ebay. It is either faulty or fake, one or the other. It completely disabled my HTC One m8 until the battery ran out.
    It could not hold more than 10Gb of data before the computer(s) I was using to copy/ transfer would freeze up whilst cpoying, and I'd have to cancel, and then reformat the disk.
    So yeah just be careful man
    Are there lots of problems with the M8 and SD cards? I have heard a few phones being bricked from using them.

Anyway, I would recommend sticking with a top quality brand, as the cheap ones tend to be pretty bad.