Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Android Optimizer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Advice on a case

    I had posted a similar question on this so. I had bought a case because the phone was to slim and needed some protection from scratches and such.

    So I got this case w/ belt clip and kickstand.

    At first it seemed enough till I accidentally dropped it on two occasions.

    One when the kickstand was out and one when the case was not on the phone.

    The kickstand is still in decent shape but part of it shown in the pic partly broke and being a thin piece it's hard to fix till it'll eventually break off.

    I can either stick with this case or get a new one but don't want to waste money on unneeded case.

    Specs I want:
    -Belt clip
    -Kickstand (can live without)
    -Protection (obviously)
    -Has to be thick enough to protect it but thin enough I can fit in pocket

    I am open to clear cases

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Here's the photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice on a case-1406146845760.jpg  
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by android jack View Post
    I had posted a similar question on this so. I had bought a case because the phone was to slim and needed some protection from scratches and such.
    So I got this case w/ belt clip and kickstand.
    At first it seemed enough till I accidentally dropped it on two occasions.

    Specs I want:
    -Belt clip
    -Kickstand (can live without)
    -Protection (obviously)
    -Has to be thick enough to protect it but thin enough I can fit in pocket
    I am open to clear cases
    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    What model of belt clip/case combo did you get (I didn't see it mentioned). There don't seem to be too many belt clip versions out there. (Do you want one with an open holster, or do you want one with a flap that closes up?

    The flap versions will probably be able to hold m8s with bigger cases on them. The open holster ones you'll probably want to look for cases that are similar to the dimensions of the ones that come with the holsters to begin with. Usually TPU cases are better for drop protection, but they may also be more of a problem fitting in open holsters.

    I haven't see any belt clip models that come with clear cases, but some of the clear cases are the same dimensions at the cases that come with the clips, so you should be able to combine the two.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    If link works http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IKQ...idcentral00-20

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by android jack View Post
    I had posted a similar question on this so. I had bought a case because the phone was to slim and needed some protection from scratches and such.

    Specs I want:
    -Belt clip
    -Kickstand (can live without)
    -Protection (obviously)
    -Has to be thick enough to protect it but thin enough I can fit in pocket

    I am open to clear cases

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    What color is your HTC One m8? I got my HTC One m8 today (gun metal grey), and I had a case I had ordered ahead of time (a fosmon duracandy clear case - link below). I found that the clear case (generally called frost) changed the appearance from gunmetal grey on the back to more of a pure grey. If you have one of the lighter color phones a frosted color may go ok with it, but if you have the gun metal grey you may want to go with a darker color case.

    Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA-CANDY Glossy Ultra SLIM-Fit Case Flexible Cover for HTC One M8 (2014) - Retail Packaging (Clear): Cell Phones & Accessories

    If you have a gunmetal grey phone you may want to go with a matte black case. Similar to the color of this:
    Amazon.com: Hyperion HTC The All New ONE PLUS (M8) Phone Case (Compatible with All HTC ONE M8 2014 Models, including HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Year Warranty] (MATTE, BLACK): Cell Phones & Accessories

    I know your looking for a more durable and protective case, and since a kickstand and belt clip are items your interested in (since kick stand partly broke) this might be more to your liking:
    Amazon.com: i-Blason All New HTC One M8 Case - Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Cover with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip For HTC One Case 2014 ( Black): Electronics

    If you don't mind waiting for a few days for opinions (as far as how well matte black matches with gun metal grey phones -in case you have that color) I'll have that case by Wednesday Tuesday 7/29/14.

    Likewise I can tell you about the build quality of the last cases/kickstand/belt clip at that time as that should be arriving by Wednesday Tuesday 7/29/14 as well.

    If you want something clear, durable, and stylish there is the ICE AUG which a lot of people seem to like, but its one of the more pricy cases:
    Amazon.com: URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for HTC One (M8), Ice: Cell Phones & Accessories
    android jack likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    What color is your HTC One m8? I got my HTC One m8 today (gun metal grey), and I had a case I had ordered ahead of time (a fosmon duracandy clear case - link below). I found that the clear case (generally called frost) changed the appearance from gunmetal grey on the back to more of a pure grey. If you have one of the lighter color phones a frosted color may go ok with it, but if you have the gun metal grey you may want to go with a darker color case.

    Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA-CANDY Glossy Ultra SLIM-Fit Case Flexible Cover for HTC One M8 (2014) - Retail Packaging (Clear): Cell Phones & Accessories

    If you have a gunmetal grey phone you may want to go with a matte black case. Similar to the color of this:
    Amazon.com: Hyperion HTC The All New ONE PLUS (M8) Phone Case (Compatible with All HTC ONE M8 2014 Models, including HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Year Warranty] (MATTE, BLACK): Cell Phones & Accessories

    I know your looking for a more durable and protective case, and since a kickstand and belt clip are items your interested in (since kick stand partly broke) this might be more to your liking:
    Amazon.com: i-Blason All New HTC One M8 Case - Prime Series Dual Layer Holster Cover with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip For HTC One Case 2014 ( Black): Electronics

    If you don't mind waiting for a few days for opinions (as far as how well matte black matches with gun metal grey phones -in case you have that color) I'll have that case by Wednesday.

    Likewise I can tell you about the build quality of the last cases/kickstand/belt clip at that time as that should be arriving by Wednesday as well.

    If you want something clear, durable, and stylish there is the ICE AUG which a lot of people seem to like, but its one of the more pricy cases:
    Amazon.com: URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for HTC One (M8), Ice: Cell Phones & Accessories
    In regards to color it is gray and one of the suggestions I actually was looking into just glad I have a second opinion
  7. #7  
    jihart33's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Wife picked up the M8 and I had a Spigen on my Galaxy S4, so I told her to give it a try. She really likes it. It was this one:

    Advice on a case-61uugzyb4kl._sl1000_.jpg

    Spigen Slim Armor, FTW!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by android jack View Post
    In regards to color it is gray and one of the suggestions I actually was looking into just glad I have a second opinion
    I received both the cases I previously mentioned. Contrary to the Amazon pictures niether is as grey in color in the pictures on their site. Both are more blacks than they appear in pictures with Blason being a deep black over the entire case.The Hyperion is very similar to the Fosmon case with the exception of the volume button area being cut out on the Hyperion and the area around the camera and flash being one cut out (which apparently helps prevent a glare issue some people have noticed with the camera while using the flash). The I-Blason case is a bit thicker than the others front to back with the side edges around the screen similar to thickness of the other two cases. The Blason case also feels to have deeper edges to keep the screen off a surface if it were face down providing a slight bumper if typing with your thumbs in landscape mode. Thumbs brush it when typing the spacebar, . , .com, and enter buttons, but don't prevent typing. The Blason case has a pretty snug fit in the holster and the soft part of the dual hard/soft cover can be felt to have some bend and give if your putting in or taking it out of the holster with your fingers on or near the port openings. The cut outs around the power button and usb/audio output ports extend a bot more around the back of the phone slightly exposing the back edge of the phone in the port areas. The positive of the give of the softer material around the port openings is if you wanted to connect any wires to the ports and the cable tips are in some way abnormally shaped it still shouldn't be a problem plugging them into the phone. Using the Fosmon or Hyperion cases in the holster there is gap/looseness between the phone and the holster. Not enough that there should be any concern about the phone falling out of the holster, but if you were doing something active with your hips (golf swing, jump, dance, etc) you'd probably notice it move. Other thick cases models might also fit in the I-Blason holster. The holster you have would probably provide a better fit for the thinner cases if you were contemplating using them with a holster/belt clip.

    Have any questions that my summary doesn't cover, or desire more details on any of the points mentioned?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    If you have the Best Buy Platinum case + holster combo, that's essentially a Seidio Surface combo. I bought that combo mainly for the holster since it was about the same price as buying the holster by itself online. Anyway, I use it with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case and it works really well. The fit is tight but it works well. The Supcase Unicorn Beetle that my friend has works perfectly with this holster as well. If you want a case that's more protective, the Spigen Slim Armor which someone posted above works well with the Seidio Dilex holster. It's a perfect fit.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Anyway, I use it with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear case and it works really well. The fit is tight but it works well. The Supcase Unicorn Beetle that my friend has works perfectly with this holster as well.
    I like the look of the Capsule Clear Spigen case, but unlike your Metal Slate version it looks like there are separate cut outs for the flash and the camera which have been mentioned by others to be glare educing when using the camera combined with the flash.What color phone does your friend have? If its the gun metal grey model does the clear/black (if that's the case color he has) of the Supcase Unicorn Beetle make the phone look like a solid light grey (loosing its brushed metal look)?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Quote Originally Posted by Android Optimizer View Post
    I like the look of the Capsule Clear Spigen case, but unlike your Metal Slate version it looks like there are separate cut outs for the flash and the camera which have been mentioned by others to be glare educing when using the camera combined with the flash.What color phone does your friend have? If its the gun metal grey model does the clear/black (if that's the case color he has) of the Supcase Unicorn Beetle make the phone look like a solid light grey (loosing its brushed metal look)?
    Right, I've heard several reports about the case causing flash issues with the Capsule Clear case. I haven't heard any reports and I haven't had any problems myself with the Ultra Hybrid. I was definitely keeping an eye out for that issue with this case. My friend has the gunmetal grey color with the black/clear Unicorn Beetle, and while it looks nice you cannot see the brushed metal look of the phone since the back is frosted. It does look like a solid lightish grey and doesn't look quite as nice as having the clear back. However, if you don't mind losing the aluminum look the case doesn't look bad.
  12. #12  
    jr6278's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    The seidio dilex holster works with the uag, spigen slim armor and otterbox symmetry
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    Supsase

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice on a case-15811.jpg   Advice on a case-15810.jpg  
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Advice on a case

    If you go with the supcase just put a piece of screen protector paper over the rear camera lenses then install

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Can't view pics from SD on HTC ONE M8 in gallery
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 10:24 PM
  2. Please help, need some clarification on Firmware and installing custom ROMs
    By Tony Gahegan in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:31 PM
  4. 4 Weekly Recurrence on Calendar
    By bron001 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 01:47 PM
  5. Music player with volume controls on screen for nexus 5
    By Sateesh Villa in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions