Rock Case for HTC ONE M8 (like Dot View)

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Ordered this today:

20140805014925090.jpg

20140805014932335.jpg

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D221516086987%26alt%3Dweb&token=3rkWxFS1

Looks like a decent alternative to the Dot View.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site

I'd just like to know if it would fold flatter against the back of the phone, and if it would sit on the screen closed right with a glass screen protector on.

Posted via Android Central App

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
$_57.JPG

Purchased: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...eName%3DSTRK%253AMEBIDX%253AIT&token=ReNy1wqa

Review:

Product is what I would consider 'budget' at less then £10 but I was pleasantly surprised at how well packaged it was. The quality of materials used for the case itself are also pretty good given the price tag. To the touch the case has that 'soft touch' feel to it, which is nice (reminds me of the Nokia N95 back in the day!). The back portion of the case fits tightly enough to not be loose and equally not be so tight you can't get it out. Aesthetically the rear of the case is nice, with a sloped portion near the volume rocker with 'ROCK' etched in. The front flap portion of the case is still not of too bad a quality for the price, but is not to the same standard as the rear portion. The speaker openings seem to have little 'frays' of the material. I could probably clear them out with tweezers but still, shouldn't have to do that. Secondly the cut outs for speakers and front camera don't line up 'naturally'. You have to move them in to place. The flap has one positive over the Dot View case in that it will stay open when it should. It doesn't spring closed. However it suffers from the same negative as the Dot View - anyone using a glass screen protector can't shut it flush against the screen. This hampers it's operation and is more of a problem with this particular case as it doesn't have holes, it is a translucent material which blurs what's beneath it the further the flap is away from the screen. So on the open edge when not shut properly, it's more blurred towards the edge. Without a glass protector I'm sure it would be fine though, however closed completely or not, you will notice when the screen is activated it is ever so slightly blurred, more so then the Dot View. The Dot View produces a clearer image. However, it functions as expected and for the minimal interaction you have with it, it's not really an issue. Someone really does need to make one of these cases with a small fold over catch/clasp on the open side which holds the flap flush. As this was a cheap case, I think I am going to attempt to stretch the hinge, see if I can get it to sit more flush. I may also look at modifying it to add a clasp of some kind.

Overall though, for the money you wouldn't be too disappointed in this alternative to the Dot View. I'd give it a 7/10.

I'll update thread with images of case working and installed on M8 once I have access to my camera.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
That looks way much better than the dot view case, as the fact that it has a flat transparent flip cover makes the screen visiblity more clear than the dot view case.

Side Note:-
With the dot view case, when I am outside under the sun I can hardly see anything through it, as the holes drops shades on the screen which makes it difficult to see any display.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34