Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera lens protector

Had anyone tried this brand before?

Nilkin Hardness Tempered Glass Front LCD Screen Protector for HTC One/M8 - Retail Packaging - Clear:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

The reason I'm looking at these is because they come with camera lens protectors. I already had an issue with the camera lens becoming scratched and then after cleaning it with alcohol it got horrible flares. Then after the update to 4.4.3 my camera stopped focusing. If you have any other suggestions about a lens protector let me know. Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Re: camera lens protector

I used this same type of kit on my Nexus 5 when I had it. The Screen protector is amazing. The lens protector is the same stiff screen protector film you get from most other companies that sell on Amazon. It worked great for me, but FYI, it's not glass for the lens.

Default Re: camera lens protector

Quote Originally Posted by grendel187 View Post
    Had anyone tried this brand before?

Nilkin Hardness Tempered Glass Front LCD Screen Protector for HTC One/M8 - Retail Packaging - Clear:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories

The reason I'm looking at these is because they come with camera lens protectors. I already had an issue with the camera lens becoming scratched and then after cleaning it with alcohol it got horrible flares. Then after the update to 4.4.3 my camera stopped focusing. If you have any other suggestions about a lens protector let me know. Thanks in advance.

This brand is one of the best screen protectors you will find. I had one for awhile but swapped it out eventually for a thinner one to work with Dot View case. Search XDA forums you will find tons of users recommending this protector. I still use the camera protectors since day one.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Camera lens protector

Thanks for all the replies and info. I just received my replacement phone, but apparently won't be receiving the protector till October 8th. Has anybody used this screen protector with the tech21 impact case. I hope it fits well.

Quote Originally Posted by grendel187 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies and info. I just received my replacement phone, but apparently won't be receiving the protector till October 8th. Has anybody used this screen protector with the tech21 impact case. I hope it fits well.

It will work fine. I had that case but sent it back to Amazon, it was too bulky for my liking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!

If you're phone is in a case just put a piece of clear screen protector paper over the lenses then put it back in the case.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

To fix camera lens use magic eraser. Do not use toothpaste method.

Posted via Android Central App