Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Default Question on different types of Qi receiver films for M8....will different types still work?

Hey all,

I am getting ready to get an HTC m8, and I'd like to utilize my PowerBot charging pads. I was happy to find that charging receiver films are now available and super cheap...

But my question is, it seems like there are a few types - narrow port up, narrow port down, as well as off-centered cables. I have read reviews saying that several work. Is it ok to have it off center? Is there one that works better?

Here are the ones that seem to be compatible:

1) Port A

2) Port B

3) or this one HERE

I look forward to finding a simple, silicon case to go along with this as well - what a perfect combo!

Thanks so much in advance...

Matt!

Default Re: Question on different types of Qi receiver films for M8....will different types still work?

Personally, I don't like those wireless charging pads, as an idea they are cool, but in reality they doesn't seems practical.

I mean basically the charging pad has to be connected to a power source with a cable, and then the mobile has to be placed on those pads to get charged.

So why not directly connect the mobile to the power source with a cable?! I mean can it really considered as a wireless charging if you must place it on a pad that need to be powered with a cable?!

Default Re: Question on different types of Qi receiver films for M8....will different types still work?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathunter-M8 View Post
    Personally, I don't like those wireless charging pads, as an idea they are cool, but in reality they doesn't seems practical.

I mean basically the charging pad has to be connected to a power source with a cable, and then the mobile has to be placed on those pads to get charged.

So why not directly connect the mobile to the power source with a cable?! I mean can it really considered as a wireless charging if you must place it on a pad that need to be powered with a cable?!
    You don't get it, it's a good way to keep your phone charged and not have to plug/unplug your phone numerous times per day.

To the OP, I think the offset one would be better, as the M8 USB port is also offset, but that one you posted looks to be offset too far

My M8 posted this
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    You don't get it, it's a good way to keep your phone charged and not have to plug/unplug your phone numerous times per day.

To the OP, I think the offset one would be better, as the M8 USB port is also offset, but that one you posted looks to be offset too far

My M8 posted this

Thanks...

Yea, it looks like there's a bit of play, and it doesn't have to be perfectly centered. I supposed my main concern (which I should have made more clear) was whether or not I need the 'narrow part up' or 'narrow part down' charger. Since there is a review saying that "this worked on my m8 under BOTH products, it really confused me - hah).

Thanks,

Matt!

Well the narrow part of the usb port is towards the back, so whichever one suits

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

I ordered Port B to try out on my HTC One M8 for Windows. Wireless charging is the biggest thing I am missing from the Lumia, so I'm hoping I can put a thin case on and make it somewhat seamless...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    Well the narrow part of the usb port is towards the back, so whichever one suits

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    great, I'll order a centered port B style.... I'm also gonna grab this cheap case that should work great!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IJH...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I have been using a QI receiver off and on since the phone came out. There is a fairly long discussion here. Qi Wireless Charging Case? | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum