Need a charger as a external battery

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Basically since HTC One m8 has a non removable battery there are some chargers like the one Shaq promotes or like the lipstick battery charger.
Only problem is I don't want a charger that will only carry enough power to charge it less than halfway.

So I want one that gives my m8 enough power to not have it run out before I can get to a charger. I'm not qualified to know the technical stuff which is why I'm asking.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
There are many sizes out there that have a decent mAh behind them. I saw some at Target and on Best Buy online that have about 3k, and are pretty small.

But, to your point about the charging halfway. Here is how I look at the whole scenario: I can easily get about 12 to 18 hours on a charge depending on my use (and that is recharging at 30%). So if that charger gets me, say 40%, that means, for me, I just bought myself roughly 4 hours before I can either get to my car charger, or a wall unit at home. If I were in a situation where I would need more time than that, I would start considering even more power saving alternatives, like either killing the cell radios, or powering the phone down.

How I view these power banks is an emergency boost and not a recharging alternative. But that is just my take.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
There are many sizes out there that have a decent mAh behind them. I saw some at Target and on Best Buy online that have about 3k, and are pretty small.

But, to your point about the charging halfway. Here is how I look at the whole scenario: I can easily get about 12 to 18 hours on a charge depending on my use (and that is recharging at 30%). So if that charger gets me, say 40%, that means, for me, I just bought myself roughly 4 hours before I can either get to my car charger, or a wall unit at home. If I were in a situation where I would need more time than that, I would start considering even more power saving alternatives, like either killing the cell radios, or powering the phone down.

How I view these power banks is an emergency boost and not a recharging alternative. But that is just my take.

On the last part I agree since last time I wasn't at home, getting back from a trip, my battery was very low so a "emergency boost" as you say is what I needed. And thanks for the other info

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
On the last part I agree since last time I wasn't at home, getting back from a trip, my battery was very low so a "emergency boost" as you say is what I needed. And thanks for the other info

Just something else to consider. As you go bigger on the capacity so does the price. If you won't use it that much, I don't really see it being that cost effective.

JediEwok

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
The Anker chargers are good but feel a little cheap, take a look at EnerPlex. Their stuff is competitively priced and much nicer looking and feeling. I recently bought a Jumpr Slate 10K and used a promo code to get 25% off (SOLARPOWER2014). They also have many different capacities available but I went with the 10,000 mAh version to keep my tablet charged on long flights and business trips.