When you've rooted using TRRP Recovery and SuperSU...

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
...Do you trigger HTC knowing your device has been rooted and have the warranty voided?
How do you revert to stock non-rooted condition?

thanks

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
...Do you trigger HTC knowing your device has been rooted and have the warranty voided?
How do you revert to stock non-rooted condition?

thanks
If you want it to go back to a state of "HTC will never know I messed with it", then you must first get s-off. Only then will you be able to remove the tampered flag and change the pink bootloader banner back to "locked". After that, you should "Full Unroot" option within superuser and then flash stock recovery. Are you looking to do this now? And as for your first question, I think they know how to figure out who has unlocked their bootloader, so as long as you have the bootloader screen in order and it's completely stock(firmware, recovery and system Rom). I think you will be fine sending it in.

Last edited:

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah- Dev Edition- should be arriving today.
I know you have to root first and then S-OFF.
But how does S-OFF help if rooting triggers HTC that it's been rooted?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah- Dev Edition- should be arriving today.
I know you have to root first and then S-OFF.
But how does S-OFF help if rooting triggers HTC that it's been rooted?

S-off removes the flag that prevents you from flashing things like hboots, prior firmware if you wanted to go back to a older firmware, flash newer radios without the need to flash the whole firmware. Things like that that makes life easier for us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87