Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Braini4c's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Stock Firmware

    Anyone know were I can download the stock firmware for the UK version of the htc one m8 ? I want to install a custom rom but want to make sure I have everything in place just in case i need to go back to stock.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,138 Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Braini4c View Post
    Anyone know were I can download the stock firmware for the UK version of the htc one m8 ? I want to install a custom rom but want to make sure I have everything in place just in case i need to go back to stock.

    Thanks in advance.
    Flashing roms wont change anything with your firmware. Just install your custom recovery and make a nand backup in recovery before you do anything else.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Braini4c's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    How about when I want to sell the phone or send it in for repair how would i get it back to stock like remove root and custom recovery ?
  4. #4  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,138 Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    restore your backup that will remove root and then flash the stock recovery
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Braini4c's Avatar

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by benny3 View Post
    restore your backup that will remove root and then flash the stock recovery
    Sorry for the noob questions but how would i get the stock recovery back once backup is restored ?
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Go to this link and follow the instructions carefully. I have just tried it and it works.

    COLLECTION of Stock backup's - xda-developers
  7. #7  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,138 Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by Braini4c View Post
    Sorry for the noob questions but how would i get the stock recovery back once backup is restored ?
    You need to remember that your bootloader will show unlocked or relocked, so i suggest you go s-off so you can flash a hboot that will make it look stock untouched.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    I'm pretty sure this question is already answered, but if anyone else wanted to run stock Android, you could simply download google's Google Now Launcher instead of having to s-off

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    2,138 Posts

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxpenis View Post
    I'm pretty sure this question is already answered, but if anyone else wanted to run stock Android, you could simply download google's Google Now Launcher instead of having to s-off

    Posted via Android Central App
    Theres a little more to it then just a launcher.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    I want to download a stock rom, how do I tell which one is for my phone.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Stock Firmware

    Just download this to your device and then flash it through twrp/cwm [ROM][4/13/14] GPE for M8VZW - xda-developers

    -make sure you have s-off and unlocked bootloader

Similar Threads

  1. Unroot/return to stock guide
    By TomW093 in forum LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play edition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2015, 11:03 AM
  2. Galaxy S3 change to AT&T firmware
    By tics01 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
  3. Root / Firmware assistance with SM-GT900F
    By telrod11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 05:44 AM
  4. Are you using the stock messaging app or third party?
    By darkman265 in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 01:14 PM
  5. Somebody Help!!!! I cant return my phone back to stock
    By LordMarq in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions