Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need some help!

Hi all, I recently unlocked and rooted my HTC One M8. I was going to install Android Revolution HD throughout TWRP and got in a hurry, I erased my OS! I can still get into boot loader and TWRP recovery but I don't have backup so what do I need to do? I've downloaded a backup off XDA based off my CCID just not sure what to do with it. Any help is appreciated!

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Need some help!

One thing you can do is from your computer download your ROM of choice (I recommend CleanROM). Take the micro SD card out of your phone put in an SD card adapter and put it in your computer. Copy the downloaded ROM onto the Micro SD. Then place it back into the phone. On your phone boot into recovery and flash the ROM. That should get you going. Then make a backup aka Nandroid. Always make a Nandroid before making modifications or installing new Roms, that way you can always revert back if things go south. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply, I tried Android Revolution that way and picked up an microsd and adapter yesterday just for this purpose. Anything I try and install through TWRP fails.

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Hmmmm, I've never had a Recovery fail like that. Hmm what to do. You might want to search XDA Developers website for a possible solution. I have to think through your problem to see if I can help.

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Since I know my TWRP is working, I will download Viper Rom on my computer, copy it to my microSD and see if TWRP will flash it. If it does then something might be wrong with your TWRP. If it doesn't then TWRP might have issues recognizing files downloaded from a different source or maybe your zip file is bad.

Global Posts
    1,708 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Well TWRP would not recognize the Viper file that I downloaded on my computer and copied to my micro SD card.