One M8 - Stuck in recovery, Screen won't turn on. Please help!
I was attempting to flash a custom ROM onto my HTC One M8 (T-Mobile) using the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP). I did a backup of my current ROM first. Unfortunately, I was not watching the device while it was backing up. When I came back to the phone, the screen was turned off. If I press the power button, a bit of haptic feedback happens. The volume buttons don't seem to do anything. Sometimes, if I press a certain spot on the screen, the haptic feedback also happens. The screen, however, doesn't seem to want to turn on. Is there any way you can help? Is there any way to get the device working properly again? I am devastated and I'm freaking out right now. I've only had the device for about two weeks. Thanks.
- 05-17-2014, 04:31 PM #2
Re: One M8 - Stuck in recovery, Screen won't turn on. Please help!
Try simultaneously press and hold the power button and volume up button until it responds. May take 30 or so seconds. It saved my **** a couple of times.
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
- 05-28-2014, 12:59 AM #3
- 05-28-2014, 08:15 AM #4
- 07-20-2015, 11:03 AM #5
- By jsreen in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 05-23-2014, 03:17 PM
- By chissel8888 in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2014, 01:03 AM
- By gmango in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2014, 02:08 PM
- By blue1hat in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 01:28 PM
- By ibrahim011 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 12:56 PM