Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rooting an HTC One M8?

Hello,

Ive been looking online a lot to see on how exactly would be the best way to root my HTC One M8, however Ive seen multiple tutorials that are all different. My device is running on 4.4.2 Kit Kat. Can someone provide some insight on which method is best?

Thank you!

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Rooting an HTC One M8?

If you're using a Mac, then look for my post on how to Unlock, S-off, recovery, and root. It is very detailed. If using a pc and can't find what you are looking for in Android Central then check out XDA Developers website

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Easiest way is to use weaksauce, a one click app from your phone [Root] WeakSauce APK - 1.0.1 - xda-developers (no computer required). This does restart every boot, but if you get tasker, you can set a task so the app runs on boot. After that, if you want to permaroot, follow these steps to s-off Instructions/Download | firewater s-off, install a custom recovery, and then flash SuperSu through the install tab of your recovery. If you just want root then all you need is weaksauce

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I actually posted how to do this in the root thread. It's entitled "Simple Way to Root Verizon M8"

Posted with my CleanROM M8
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    I actually posted how to do this in the root thread. It's entitled "Simple Way to Root Verizon M8"

Are you happy rooting your htc one m8?

should i root mine also?

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

It's up to you whether you want to root your phone or not. Personally I am glad I rooted my phone. It allows me to customize it and make it better. At first I did the Weaksauce temporary root, but then later I took a step further and permanently rooted my phone.

It's up to you whether you want to root your phone or not. Personally I am glad I rooted my phone. It allows me to customize it and make it better. At first I did the Weaksauce temporary root, but then later I took a step further and permanently rooted my phone.

Because my battery life is still not good. Can still unroot it and used your warranty?.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi Yasay View Post
    Because my battery life is still not good. Can still unroot it and used your warranty?.

If you want something completely reversible, then I would use Weaksauce to temporarily root your phone. Every time you reboot it will take an extra minute or to to reachieve root. However it's very simple to unroot by deleting Weaksauce and SuperSU then rebooting. Then you are back to stock. I posted a guide for rooting with Weaksauce that is in this Root thread entitled "Simple Method to Root Verizon M8"

Thanked by 2:

If you want something completely reversible, then I would use Weaksauce to temporarily root your phone. Every time you reboot it will take an extra minute or to to reachieve root. However it's very simple to unroot by deleting Weaksauce and SuperSU then rebooting. Then you are back to stock. I posted a guide for rooting with Weaksauce that is in this Root thread entitled "Simple Method to Root Verizon M8"

Thankyou. I saw your post though. Maybe ill follow that.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Is weaksauce for the Verizon version only? I am in UK so have an international model and have been thinking about rooting since I got the phone, would love to try it first in a non permanent way to see if I get any benefit from it.

OK forget that, just seen the xda forum and Verizon only.

Posted via Android Central App

I clicked on the link that you provided, and was taken to a page that said if I was redirected to that page from a paid site, I was being scammed. Just letting you know in case there is some kind of mistake, it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JedediahMartin1 View Post
    I clicked on the link that you provided, and was taken to a page that said if I was redirected to that page from a paid site, I was being scammed. Just letting you know in case there is some kind of mistake, it can be fixed.
    Yeah it meant that if someone charged you to go there it was a scam because the application is free

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rooting an HTC One M8?-4106.jpg  

Hi Everyone!
    I buy This Phone HTC M8 and this phone have one program SuperSu and this block my Online Banking App. It is Barclays.
    This Program is very importent for me so please help me what can i do. I try uninstall but after the same problem.
    Thanks the any answer for me.

Csaba

Quote Originally Posted by Csaba Hollosi View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I buy This Phone HTC M8 and this phone have one program SuperSu and this block my Online Banking App. It is Barclays.
    This Program is very importent for me so please help me what can i do. I try uninstall but after the same problem.
    Thanks the any answer for me.

Csaba
    You have to un-root

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

What is this Un-Root???Because i can see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    You have to un-root

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    What is this Un-Root???Because i can see.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

anyone know if this will work on my tmobile M8?

Quote Originally Posted by stlsports View Post
    anyone know if this will work on my tmobile M8?
    No it will only work on VZW...

sent from my Red HTC M8 using Tapatalk because all Xda apps f/c 😠