Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any suggestions? Bottom speaker on M8 not working! Need to unroot to do an exchange!

Hey folks... like the title says... the bottom speaker isn't working on my M8, well it's actually making a crackling sound. It's very noticable when the volume is all the way up. I'm on t-mobile and if this helps any this is my hboot info *** TAMPERED *** *** UNLOCKED *** M8_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF CID-T-MOB010 HBOOT-3.16.0.0000 RADIO-1.14.21331931.LA02_2G OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
    Does anyone know how to unroot the phone and get it back to factory condition? Any help is much appreciated.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Any suggestions? Bottom speaker on M8 not working! Need to unroot to do an exchange!

Quote Originally Posted by spdlude51 View Post
    Hey folks... like the title says... the bottom speaker isn't working on my M8, well it's actually making a crackling sound. It's very noticable when the volume is all the way up. I'm on t-mobile and if this helps any this is my hboot info *** TAMPERED *** *** UNLOCKED *** M8_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF CID-T-MOB010 HBOOT-3.16.0.0000 RADIO-1.14.21331931.LA02_2G OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
    Does anyone know how to unroot the phone and get it back to factory condition? Any help is much appreciated.
    It sounds like you have a broken speaker, which needs to be replaced. I highly doubt it's a software issue that can be fixed with a factory restore.

Have you checked XDA for instructions on re-locking the bootloader and get back to stock so you can send for repair?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any suggestions? Bottom speaker on M8 not working! Need to unroot to do an exchange!

I've seen instructions on locking the bootloader but in some cases the phone will say RE-LOCKED rather than LOCKED. I didn't wan't to take that chance quite yet. srkmagnus... what has to be done in order for htc to do an exchange? S-off, lock the bootloader, anything else? Thanks for the quick reply
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

One more thing I might add... I noticed the crackling after flashing the harmon kardon mod... I did uninstall it and went back to the boomsound... since you mentioned software... I thought I'd mention this but not sure if it's the cause though.

ROM
    CM10 nightly/CleanROM 2.4

OP, check out this link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751011

Edit: be sure to look for T-Mo recoveries and backups instead of AT&T

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

would that method work on t-mobile though? sorry if the questions i have sound stupid. i've only rooted and unrooted a few phones prior so im pretty new to all this.