Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HTC One M8 (Sense) to GPE image and unroot

Hi,

I have searched a little but can't find anything definitive right now, although I'll keep looking. Here's my question:-

I have an unbranded HTC One M8 not associated with a carrier and I would like to replace the image with the stock GPE image (no mods). I understand I'll need to do a bunch of things to make that happen including unlocking the bootloader, S-OFF, and root. I would then like to unroot the device after the image has been flashed. Is this possible?

The company I work for operates a BYOD policy and the MDM solution detects 'rooted devices', therefore I would prefer to remove any root after the image has been loaded so that I can use it at work.

Better yet, is it possible to just flash a stock GPE image without rooting? I guess not.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One M8 (Sense) to GPE image and unroot

Quote Originally Posted by droidmed View Post
    Hi,

I have searched a little but can't find anything definitive right now, although I'll keep looking. Here's my question:-

I have an unbranded HTC One M8 not associated with a carrier and I would like to replace the image with the stock GPE image (no mods). I understand I'll need to do a bunch of things to make that happen including unlocking the bootloader, S-OFF, and root. I would then like to unroot the device after the image has been flashed. Is this possible?

The company I work for operates a BYOD policy and the MDM solution detects 'rooted devices', therefore I would prefer to remove any root after the image has been loaded so that I can use it at work.

Better yet, is it possible to just flash a stock GPE image without rooting? I guess not.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    You have to have root to be able to flash a rom but i think you can get a rom with out root super su all roms can be found on xda developers.

If he truly wants the stock GPE image, a ROM isn't going to cut it. droidmed, I've provided links to the RUU and to the instructions below.

GPE RUU Link...
    [RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.4.2- 1.16.1700.16 -RUU Zip Non-Rooted & Pre-Rooted - xda-developers

Video Instructions...

Follow the directions to the letter and it's really easy
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Awesome, thank you very much!