- 2 Posts
HTC One M8 (Sense) to GPE image and unroot
I have searched a little but can't find anything definitive right now, although I'll keep looking. Here's my question:-
I have an unbranded HTC One M8 not associated with a carrier and I would like to replace the image with the stock GPE image (no mods). I understand I'll need to do a bunch of things to make that happen including unlocking the bootloader, S-OFF, and root. I would then like to unroot the device after the image has been flashed. Is this possible?
The company I work for operates a BYOD policy and the MDM solution detects 'rooted devices', therefore I would prefer to remove any root after the image has been loaded so that I can use it at work.
Better yet, is it possible to just flash a stock GPE image without rooting? I guess not.
Thanks for your help in advance.
- 05-24-2014, 06:41 AM #2
- 05-24-2014, 11:47 AM #3
- 28 Posts
Re: HTC One M8 (Sense) to GPE image and unroot
If he truly wants the stock GPE image, a ROM isn't going to cut it. droidmed, I've provided links to the RUU and to the instructions below.
GPE RUU Link...
[RUU] Google Edition Conversion. 4.4.2- 1.16.1700.16 -RUU Zip Non-Rooted & Pre-Rooted - xda-developers
Follow the directions to the letter and it's really easy
- By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8 AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-18-2014, 12:50 AM
- By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 06-01-2014, 03:11 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 05-26-2014, 09:25 AM
- By Bruce Johnson4 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 05-24-2014, 03:40 PM
- By majdi suliman in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 05-24-2014, 01:58 PM