Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with BRICKED HTC One M8 > HTC Logo with 4 triangles

Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help with BRICKED HTC One M8 > HTC Logo with 4 triangles

Did you change your CID? SuperCID is 11111111 and you do that with a fastboot command.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.
    Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom

If the phone will still get into bootloader check your cid and change it if its not supercid.
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by wikwikwik View Post
    Need some help daorderdillon...I have an HTC One M8

I wanted to flash to the UNROOTED Google Play Edition...so I rooted, TWRP'ed and did the S-OFF

and then tried to flash the ROM while in RUU mode...it gave me back a "41 error"...

so I tried to change the ModelID in the android.txt file...flashed, and then my HTC One M8 kept going into the HTC logo screen with 4 triangle error screen

When I do fastboot oem reboot, it gets me back into the device - but any normal restart after, and I'm back in the HTC logo error screen

I can't go into recovery mode either - using the POWER and UP / DOWN buttons or through the software...

Stuck, and I really don't know what to do

Thanks in advance!
    You need to RUU to get the partitions back in order. BTW you dont flash roms in RUU mode, you flash in recovery