Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ditched sense for stock android, now i suddenly can't move files onto it.

So here's the backstory if you even wanna call it that: I went through the painstakingly difficult (for anyone who doesn't already develop for android) task of rooting my phone and turning my lovely m8 into an even lovelier m8 google play edition. Everything went according to plan and I am all set up. Well, just about. When i went in to move all my locally stored music back onto my phone, the phone's internal storage drive goes all wonky and won't let me put even the tiniest of files onto it. It even made the whole file explorer act slow. I'm sure this is an easy fix after what i just went through to do all of this successfully to my phone. Perhaps I just flubbed a small detail of the instructions I was following. I am a bit unsure of what the eff to do.

EDIT: OK I'm totally sorry for the uselessness of the post, maybe if someone has the same issue as I just did, they can find and benefit from this post. After more excessive digging around in settings, I found settings->storage, and in the menu on the upper right corner, you'll find "USB computer connection". Tapped into that and checked "Camera (PTP)" for my connection rather than the default MTP protocol.

Global Posts
    23,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Ditched sense for stock android, now i suddenly can't move files onto it.

Thank you for posting the solution.

From a Slim M8 and the AC Forums app.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace