Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleted stock OS and backup!!!

I had rooted my device HTC One M8 (Sprint), and while attempting to flash the Venom ROM I deleted my stock OS as well as my backup. I am able to reboot into reboot into TWRP recovery and fast boot usb is recognized. However while attempting to use commands on terminal (Mac and PC) nothing is responsive. The only thing I can think of is trying to flash the stock Harmond ROM since there is no stock ROM for Sprint's regular M8 posted online yet. Another problem I have is to flash the Harmond ROM I would have to have S-Off, but unfortunately mine turned back on after I wiped everything. I was told by another person to side load a ROM but like I said commands are not working. I have also tried flashing from installing them on my external SD, but all the ROMS I have found require to have S-Off. Please help and tell me I am not completely screwed.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Deleted stock OS and backup!!!

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Unfortunately the link was taken down. Any other ideas?
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by sLevVen View Post
    Unfortunately the link was taken down. Any other ideas?
    You need s-off to flash a rom. If you are on Sprint here is a stock rooted

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 Harman | 1.54.654.9 | OTA | Decrypted | Stock Rooted - Post #2 - XDA

And here...[ROM] Sprint M8 H/K Stock Rooted 1.54.654.13

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I went through the steps of both of the versions that you posted by putting both of them on my SD card at separate times. Full wipe before each. Both had a response with loading the .zip file, but after the forced reboot both of them would get stuck on the white HTC loading screen.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I ended up getting my phone back to a working state running the latest version of Viper. Got a tip from someone on XDA to use two finger touch to get me through the vigorous install process. I read that users on Sprint had that issue on AROMA. Thanks for the help guys.

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sLevVen View Post
    I ended up getting my phone back to a working state running the latest version of Viper. Got a tip from someone on XDA to use two finger touch to get me through the vigorous install process. I read that users on Sprint had that issue on AROMA. Thanks for the help guys.
    Glad you are back up and running. I would make a backup ASAP.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Please some one HELP me to bring back life into my HTC ONE M7
    I bought this from online and the phone was superb, however, I was asked by the seller to remove all his datas by wiping or some advance wiping.
    Accidentally, a friend of mine pressed something and now the phone has no OS
    Its just a toy and nothingelse.
    I am new to use HTC /Android product so I am unaware of terms such as ROOT, ROM, SD blah blah blah
    Please someone kindly help.
    In my country we do not have any official HTC service center so I am totally helpless.
    Please help